Notices

Old 12 Apr 19, 04:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 5 - Thursday 11th April

We just about managed to get the kids up after their late night last night.
Fortunately we were packed & ready to go after breakfast ( in the villa) to Loews Royal Pacific Resort for a 1 night stay (but 2 days of ‘front of line' pass benefits.
Found the hotel easily, got checked in, left bags with bell services & headed to the parks.
The kids were looking forward to Minions & Simpson's rides and we were all merrily walking along & chatting that we didn't realise we'd made a bit of an error & entered the wrong park!
However, eldest DD & DS both wanted to do Hulk ride while we were there (neither DH or I could stomach it). They seemed to be gone ages, and after realised it was because they'd opted for the front row line!
While we were there, youngest DD spotted Dr Seuss area, so we let her on the carousel & we all went on the train ride.
Then over to Minions & Simpson's rides (twice each) before getting some foot long hot dogs & crisps to share for lunch.
After lunch we did the Fast'n'Furious ride & kids then decided they wanted to use the hotel pool, so we caught the lovely water taxi back, took our bags up to our rooms (which incidentally were ready really early- like 10 mins after 1st entering park), and headed down to the pool to cool off. Despite re-applying sun cream regularly , we realised we've all caught the sun a bit.

After swimming we showered & got dressed, then back on the water taxi to the Sports Bar place for dinner. We hadn't booked & had to wait for a table (not too long), but by the time we'd finished, it was too late to catch the lazer show round the lake. We may come back another day as we have 14 day tickets.
So, as we are all feeling exhausted now, it was back on the water taxi again & in bed now as I type! Good night!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thats such a nice resort, we loved the pool area too, they had games going on etc it had a good vibe, even the water taxi was lovely! Glad you had nice time x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy but good day

Joan
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just caught up on all 5 days of your trip report... your high five really made me giggle! That’s the sort of thing I would do! Sounds like your all having an amazing time... we have a villa for the first time this year can’t wait!
Enjoy 😊
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It is a gorgeous hotel
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love RPR 😍 it’s the only way to do Universal with the FOLP. I don’t think I could go it without those now.

Well done on having everyone up and out despite your late night. Can’t have been easy. X

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

Like RPR better than Hard Rock. You really benefit from FP’s and is well worth booking a room for that alone.
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes, I’m very grateful to The Dibb for info re FOLP with Universal hotels. DH commented how lovely it was - and said the cost was worth it with FOL passes & no faffing with booking FP, just turn up & go. Is it just me who feels a tiny bit guilt walking past huge standby lines though?! 😃
It’s probably been mentioned on here (my head can only hold limited information), but we even asked concierge if we can park at RPR on our ‘non hotel’ Universal days & use water taxis. They confirmed we can (obviously still have to pay for parking), but DH feels it’ll be quicker to exit hotel car park at the end of the day rather exiting the main Universal car park, so that’s what we plan to do next week.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day; would love to stay at Universal sometime
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A busy day in the park but still time to relax at the pool for a bit.