Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Nov 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

It's Pints Kim, But Not As We Know It! NYC Feb 2018

New York!

So, who are we, if you've missed my previous trippies?! If you have missed them - where were you?!

We are: Kim and Phil - back from our 6th trip to WDW in August this year. I like to take photographs, lots and LOTS of them! Particularly in my favourite place:

Please feel free to add me on Instagram (my username is the same on here) to see lots and lots of photos of our trip!

Phil likes to do this:

The past two years we've been to WDW twice a year - both August and Christmas, but we were feeling the dollar rate a bit more and decided we couldn't justify a trip to WDW at Christmas. We've booked to go back to Florida in August but we are just doing the south of Florida (Naples, Key West and Fort Lauderdale) with a four night cruise with Carnival thrown in for good measure. After I realised we had flex tickets booked, I kept adjusting them trying to see if we could squeeze in an extra week in WDW, but the cost of tickets and accommodation just kept mounting.

Anyway, we both *loved* New York when we were there in April 2016 on our first visit together. I'd been in 2015 with a friend and knew Phil would love it as well!

I was idly browsing Expedia this morning when I came out with a bargainous trip for £500 each in half term! I mentioned it to Phil and it doesn't take much to persuade him, so I was soon filling in the details and booking our trip!

Flights

We are flying with United. Initially I was going to book the Virgin flights (which were the same cost) but the United flight leaves nearly four hours earlier and you don’t have to pay to book your seat! We’ve not flown United before, but as long as we get there on time I am happy! Our flight leaves at 12.35pm on the Sunday and we leave NY at 10pm on the Wednesday night.

Parking

I’ve booked ‘EasyParking’ at Heathrow and I will be driving us down to Heathrow in the morning.

Hotel

The first deal I saw was for the Holiday Inn in the financial district, which is where we stayed before. However, when I went back to Expedia it wasn’t offered so we are staying at The Watson hotel instead, which is near the Central Park/Hells Kitchen area of New York. To be honest, we are usually barely in the hotel, preferring to be out and about all day instead! Which brings me nicely onto ….

Plans

When we were in New York last time I really wanted to see a show but unfortunately, we were not able to fit that in. Phil has offered to pay towards my ticket for my birthday present (which is the week after) so we are probably going to see Wicked, if we can!

We are also planning on going to ‘The Top of the Rock’ as Phil hasn’t done this before.

When we went in April 2016 we did a food tour with the excellent Food Tours of New York. I was lucky enough to win free tickets for another tour in their monthly photography competition. This is the photo that won the tickets:

I have emailed and asked if we can go on the Chelsea Market tour - mainly because it's indoors and likely to be freezing in New York in February!

So, that's our plans so far! Next up I will be researching where to eat as we mainly ate in places in the financial district last time as that's where we were staying.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List