Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This was great. Thank you. Glad you had a brilliant time x
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like you all had a fab trip mostly. I was nearly crying at your recount of how bad you felt on the plane and I’m so pleased those around you were very kind and understanding!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Thanks for posting this. We went last year when my son was 2 and 3 months but looking to go next year when he will be just over 4 and we will also have a 9 month old so this has been very useful!

I get stressed on the plane with the thought of the kids kicking off but I think (as it seems most of the people you encountered did) if most people can see that you are trying your best and not just ignoring the shouting/screaming they have no issue. I hope at least!
Old 29 May 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you had a good time overall. I have to say you are braver than me - we didn't take ours in a plane until the youngest was 6! I'm glad the people around you were sympathetic on the whole. It's easy to forget just how demanding kids can be when your own have grown up.

Some great tips for people taking little ones.

I hope you get over your jetlag soon.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Loved the way you've written this report - I did giggle at a few bits but my heart also went out to you for those plane journeys. You done so much better than I would've in that situation, well done.

The pic of Mickey squishing up to your son made my eyes leak a wee bit xx
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Thank you for posting. Sounds like a mostly brilliant time.
Like Tom says, I’d be emailing for a refund for that Minnie Van experience!
We regularly see cats around Disney. In particular by the marketplace boat dock, Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. The cats at Disneyland California have their own twitter account!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I could feel your stress about the plane and your little boy not wanting his seat belt on. It's a horrible feeling when you know the other people are judging you. I'm glad there were some sympathetic travellers and the lady with the Lotso bear sounds like she deserves a medal.

What an amazing upgrade at SSR. I bet you really enjoyed all the space and I imagine you didn't want to move out and go to the next resort.

I think my lot would moan at me too if they discovered they weren't able to get on the magical express, now I know definitely not to bother getting a Minnie van as a special treat!

I hope your jet lag sorts itself out soon.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneynut23
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

What a lovely read , thanks for taking the time to write about your holiday 🙌🏻.
Disneynut23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Oh my goodness I really wish you could do a whole trip report. You are very funny! Great report. You honestly have the patience of a saint. My kids were 4 and 9 on our first trip back in 2013 so have never experienced Florida with really little ones.

I cannot believe you met Tim and Jenn 💞. We are awaybin a fortnight and myself and the kids will be keeping our eyes peeled for them. I’m a huge fan!

You sound like you had an amazing holiday. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. Hope you all get over the jet lag very soon.

Jojo
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

Brilliant read! I was bereft when I could see the end coming lol.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List