Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Newport Bay vs Disneyland Hotel?

Anyone who's stayed at both, is the DLH really worth the extra money? Looking at a last minute trip going either mid July or August for 5 nights, NPB is £2444.50 for 2 adults, 1 child with Eurostar, and DLH is £3730.50 for the same, is it really worth spending the extra £1300ish on the DLH?

We have stayed at NPB a few years back and loved it, but DW has always wanted to stay in DLH, but it just seems like an awful lot more to spend, and the rooms from the pictures don't really look any better than NPB.

Thanks in advance.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I've stayed in both and whilst I do like the DLH i don't think I could ever justify the extra cost again - it was nice to be at the park entrance but the rooms themselves were dated and definitely not as nice the NPB.

Do those prices include the meal plan? If so, then you would have Premium at DLH which will definitely justify some of the costs.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have stayed at both and while we loved the DLH, the pool was actually nicer at NPB.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go with the cheapest 😂
Dawn
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
I've stayed in both and whilst I do like the DLH i don't think I could ever justify the extra cost again - it was nice to be at the park entrance but the rooms themselves were dated and definitely not as nice the NPB.

Do those prices include the meal plan? If so, then you would have Premium at DLH which will definitely justify some of the costs.
Nope no meal plan, just 30% off.

So that's 2 for NPB, I think maybe it's only worth staying at DLH if you get a really really good deal, I've now found NPB for £2100 with Eurostar and DLH for £3600, £1500 cheaper for NPB, that's a hell of a lot of extra spending money, and being summer hopefully would be able to utilise the outdoor pool at NPB a couple of afternoons.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Nope no meal plan, just 30% off.

So that's 2 for NPB, I think maybe it's only worth staying at DLH if you get a really really good deal, I've now found NPB for £2100 with Eurostar and DLH for £3600, £1500 cheaper for NPB, that's a hell of a lot of extra spending money, and being summer hopefully would be able to utilise the outdoor pool at NPB a couple of afternoons.
I would definitely go with Newport Bay for that difference. That saving should cover the cost of your food.

Dawn
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed at both many times. However we only stay at the DLH when we get a really good offer which is few & far between.
We love NPB & staying here in August too. Looking forward to seeing it all refurbished & the using the outdoor pool!
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Wowsers, scary prices. I have only done 4 nights on a ‘2 nights free’ deal before. Shame these seem to have stopped.

Also we tend to book Eurostar separately and get the cheap fares. Worth looking at going indirect via Lille, or going to Gare du Nord instead? You can sometimes get Gare du Nord for £29 each way, though those tend to be the less popular times.

Much as I love DLP, I think at that price I would be staying offsite and buying annual passes.

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Wowsers, scary prices. I have only done 4 nights on a ‘2 nights free’ deal before. Shame these seem to have stopped.

Also we tend to book Eurostar separately and get the cheap fares. Worth looking at going indirect via Lille, or going to Gare du Nord instead? You can sometimes get Gare du Nord for £29 each way, though those tend to be the less popular times.

Much as I love DLP, I think at that price I would be staying offsite and buying annual passes.
I did look at offsite, and in all honesty when you add up the passes separately it's still coming in at £1700ish.

I agree prices are through the roof this year when staying during school holidays, I did contemplate not going at all this year, and it's still not set in stone whether we will.
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I'm having this debated at the moment too! 🤔 Sorry to jump on your thread OP

How far is it to walk to the Newport from the parks?
When were they both refurbished?
Are they like comparing Grand Floridian and Yacht club?

Thanks!
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I'm having this debated at the moment too! 🤔 Sorry to jump on your thread OP

How far is it to walk to the Newport from the parks?
When were they both refurbished?
Are they like comparing Grand Floridian and Yacht club?

Thanks!
It’s only about 10/15 min walk to the gates of Disneyland Parc & only NPB has had a refurb about 2 years ago. It’s a really beautiful hotel, but so is the DLH however it hasn’t had a refurb & the rooms it’s starting to show, but it’s a very grand hotel but IMO only worth staying there if you get it on offer.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List