Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

OK didn't hold out like I said I would (story of my life) so have booked the following today:
Aer Lingus MAN -MCO short lay over in Dublin but can clear immigration there which is great

3 Adults, 2 Teens
£3230 inc baggage and seat selection on all flights
I was happy with that and now need to resist the urge to keep checking! ;-)))

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

This seems as good a place as any to ask...

What is a 'good' price for direct BA flights in PE? Looking to fly 30th September and back on the 17th from Gatwick. What's the cost to pick seats in PE too since it's not included? Looking at the 9th to the 26th as a guide doesn't look too bad and less than the price we'd resigned ourselves to paying for Norwegian before they cut all the routes. I know it's subjective but as this is the first year we've done DIY we've nothing to compare to.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
OK didn't hold out like I said I would (story of my life) so have booked the following today:
Aer Lingus MAN -MCO short lay over in Dublin but can clear immigration there which is great

3 Adults, 2 Teens
£3230 inc baggage and seat selection on all flights
I was happy with that and now need to resist the urge to keep checking! ;-)))
Sorry should have said that's for 17th to 31st Aug, we originally had Disney/Universal booked for 15th to 29th Aug but a quick call to Disney to amend dates for POR, the amended dates were £10 cheaper so had to pay a £50 amendment fee but we are saving £1272 with flying on the Mon rather than Sat so didn't mind paying:-)))

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

[QUOTE=clucky1966;14117994]Sorry should have said that's for 17th to 31st Aug, we originally had Disney/Universal booked for 15th to 29th Aug but a quick call to Disney to amend dates for POR, the amended dates were £10 cheaper so had to pay a £50 amendment fee but we are saving £1272 with flying on the Mon rather than Sat so didn't

What is the minimum about of time you need if going indirect stopping at Dublin from Manchester ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
This seems as good a place as any to ask...

What is a 'good' price for direct BA flights in PE? Looking to fly 30th September and back on the 17th from Gatwick. What's the cost to pick seats in PE too since it's not included? Looking at the 9th to the 26th as a guide doesn't look too bad and less than the price we'd resigned ourselves to paying for Norwegian before they cut all the routes. I know it's subjective but as this is the first year we've done DIY we've nothing to compare to.
We have PE booked both ways with BA from Newcastle via London to Tampa for next August and it was 3k for 3 adults with seats which are an extortionate amount in my opinion. Prices ranged from £51- £72 (I think! ) each person each way. I have paid so we can have the seats we want but that added nearly £400 to our booking 😡.

Don't know if others would class this as a good price or not as its about £870 each but we are happy. sometimes if you add a car or hotel for a few days you can get a good deal but we just needed flights.

For Sept/Oct I would hope it would be cheaper but if it's into MCO and not Tampa it may not be as that's the more popular route. We also booked before TC folded so not sure if that will have an ongoing impact on flight prices for a while.

When I booked there were some flights that were cheaper in PE than economy which was mad but means I persuade DH to fly premium 😎.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Tomorrow I am looking to book with BA, LGW to MCO direct 15th September to 29th September for two adults & looks to be £710 in total with baggage, which i think looks pretty good.

Edited at 04:52 PM.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We have PE booked both ways with BA from Newcastle via London to Tampa for next August and it was 3k for 3 adults with seats which are an extortionate amount in my opinion. Prices ranged from £51- £72 (I think! ) each person each way. I have paid so we can have the seats we want but that added nearly £400 to our booking 😡.

Don't know if others would class this as a good price or not as its about £870 each but we are happy. sometimes if you add a car or hotel for a few days you can get a good deal but we just needed flights.

For Sept/Oct I would hope it would be cheaper but if it's into MCO and not Tampa it may not be as that's the more popular route. We also booked before TC folded so not sure if that will have an ongoing impact on flight prices for a while.

When I booked there were some flights that were cheaper in PE than economy which was mad but means I persuade DH to fly premium 😎.
Now we've done PE I don't think I could sit for 9 hours in economy

Using the dates I mentioned it's coming out at about 900 each plus whatever the extra is to book seats but like I said, we were looking at 1100 each with Norwegian so still better. We had 700 each originally with TC.

*Edit*

Just checked those dates into Tampa and Miami and they're 50 or so cheaper per person so by the time you factor in getting from there to Orlando and back it's not really much cheaper.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Were direct prices also £1000 per person last year for August?

Last time we went in 2016, we managed to find some direct flights LON-MCO for under £600 per person. Is this now impossible?
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post

Last time we went in 2016, we managed to find some direct flights LON-MCO for under £600 per person. Is this now impossible?
There were some good BA flights deals about a month ago (13th September), I got 15-29 August for £3400 (including the return leg in PE!) for 5 seats, so £680 each return.

Since Thomas Cook collapsed though, the market has looked expensive.

General advice in here is to sit tight until later in the year, when there will likely be more sales. If you spot a bargain though, you have to move fast.
MonsterKraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post

Just checked the middle of August with BA and you're looking at 1200 each in economy with luggage.