Notices

Old 14 Aug 08, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up The 5 years later wedding night pre-trippie!

Well, i decided i would do a mini trip report for our night away. Little bit of background first.

Dh and i got married on 15th August 2003,we arranged everything ourselves in about 6 weeks. Because of having to organise everything we forgot to sort a night in a hotel for our wedding night and a sitter for the kids. My brother offered to spend the night at our house so we could go, mil offered to have ds who was only 8 months old at the time,so my brother just had the older 4,he was quite happy to do that.

When i spoke to my mum she wasnt happy about it,as they had already booked 3 hotel rooms (one for her and my dad,one for my nan and grandad and one for my brother and my mums brother(call him my uncle and ill deck ya)) But i offered to give her the money we would have spent on a room and they could have got her brother another room. But no she told me that they had already planned it all and paid for it all,and besides we could have a night in a better hotel any time... :angry:yeah but its not our wedding night tho is it:angry: . So they told me they would have the kids one weekend so we could go to a nice hotel,and my dad gave me £20 to get a takeaway in

So off they all toddle to their night in a hotel,went for a meal in the restaurant-and dh sat at home with the kids and a kebab.

Trying to make up for it i booked us a night in a local hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary,but the hotel wasnt all that. The rooms were comfortable but nothing special,and when we were having our meal in the restaurant there were kids running round and shouting so it was spoilt a bit,and as it had cost us over £150 i was quite disappointed.

This year we have been married 5 years,so i wanted to do something special,so back in june i started looking for a luxury hotel and whilst googling on the net i came across this little beauty

peny/

It looked absolutley perfect,gorgeous hotel,beautiful surroundings,just what i was looking for,so i emailed them to ask if they had any vacancies, they did-so i asked if i could book their best room,the only problem i had was we only have a joint account and if i left a deposit with my card then dh would find out-so we came to an arrangement which we were all happy with and our stay was booked.

I keep going on the website and looking at it-it is so so pretty i am so excited,and have been saving like mad for it ever since i booked it!

I arranged with mil to have the kids for us-and then dh suggested taking me to Halifax to the witchy shop they have there to buy me something for our anniversary,great cover to be able to get ds to his mums without him being suspicious!

Today i have packed our stuff to take away,and sorted the directions how to get there,and sorted my luxury bubble bath out-we only have a shower at home so i am looking forward to enjoying a long relaxing soak with some choc and a cold glass of wine

He still thinks we are going to Halifax-i have had to be so so careful with what i say in case i slipped up and let the cat out of the bag!

I bet i wont sleep tonight as i am so excited,i just hope the weather is nice so we can get out and enjoy some of that gorgeous countryside... after i have wallowed in the bath for a bit gotta get the important thing out the way first-wonder if i can set the world record for the most baths taken in about 18 hours!

Report on the hotel and photos to follow when we get back on Saturday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 08, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mad mackem
Serious Dibber

Hope you have a fantastic time. Look forward to hearing all about it when you return
Old 14 Aug 08, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

The hotel looks fab, enjoy your time together and don't do anything I wouldn't do
Old 14 Aug 08, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Looks great - worth waiting for.
Go for it girl! it will be great
Old 15 Aug 08, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks fantastic, well worth the wait.
Old 15 Aug 08, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
k2sul
Imagineer

Hotel looks really lovely. Hope you have had a fantastic time x
Old 15 Aug 08, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

That looks lovely, enjoy
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List