Notices

Old 20 Sep 08, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
finns@disney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

The one with EVERYTING-pre-trip part two

Finns do Disney – The one with EVERYTING - 6th October-27th October 2008

Hi, just thought I would update and try this linking trip reports…will be well impressed if it works!

Cast
Me….Karen -37,38 on this trip
Dh….craig-34
Dd….kyla-9,10 on this trip

3 months to go!
Well the excitement is building in our house, needless to say the decorating as taken a back seat. Managed to do 3 rooms and tile kitchen and then got fed up so decided to complete when we return. Dh still at gym and doing really well no clothes now fit him so as I earn vouchers at work I treat him to a shopping spree and he gets half of his holiday clothes – result. Dd also gets the rest of her holiday clothes and as we let her choose her own she is very happy until I put them away in her suitcase and tell her I will chop her hands of if she touches them – such a lovin mother lol! I keep checking to see if I can fit into my shorts and as I had a day when I couldn’t I had a major meltdown and dh had to go out and buy me the wii fit so my afternoons are spent doing yoga, step up and skiing with a bit of hula hoping just for fun! – after a couple of weeks I fit back into my shorts – another result!

2 months to go!
Checked passports earlier in year and dd’s runs out in Jan 09 so thought I had better get it renewed. Photos taken on Fri at asda, friend signs as a magistrate on Sat, go into town on Mon and use check and send at post office.. lo and behold Fri morning her passport arrives with chip – panic over on dd’s part as was concerned she wouldn’t be going.
One dunken Sat afternoon at the pub with dfil,dmil,dbil and family before dfil and dmil go to kenya for 2 weeks talk turns to florida once again - I promptly shut my mouth as dh said never again the last time – but get a few beers down him and he agrees to go back – I nearly fall of the chair in amazement but promptly agree to go – never say never again I inform my dh the next morning when I start receiving txt’s from dsil as to if I have found some villas. We decided on may 2010 and I look up villas from the dibb and get in touch with some lovely helpful people. It is decided as everyone is going away the final decision will have to wait until after we come back at the end of October. But we are all excited we are going back especially dsil – I think she is hooked too …

4 Weeks to go!
Back in april we decided that I would go back to part-time as the hours I was working was not fitting in with home life. Well we have managed but had to cut back on some of the things I had planned –like cirque de soleil, blue man group and the parasailing for dh which he said he didn’t mind. So everything going ok when work asked if I wanted to go back full time with better hours and no weekend work so I snapped they hands off – credit crunch and and florida 2010 to pay for! So I now work mon-fri 8am-4pm ..another result!
Gone shopping again and bought a smaller matching suitcase to my maisie moo one for dd, wanted the hand luggage bag also but debenhams did not have at meadowhall. Made dh take me to white rose at leeds but still no bag so had to order off debenhams online site – order on Thurs night and bag delivered on Tues while I was at work. Perfect got matching suitcases only had to wait 37yrs ha ha!
Found some annual insurance on the internet for a good price I check it covers for everything and promptly order and print of policy – what would we do without the internet I honestly cannot remember!

3 weeks to go!
Started full time shift and starting to well panic, when will I have time to do everything. Can’t believe we are in weeks now it has really flown the last few months.
Still not ordered tickets I need as no money until next week to start getting them, but keep checking sites for best prices so I know who to phone ….i have every confidence in receiving the Disney one before we go, decided to order universal on e ticket and will call to collect Mnsshp tickets when we get to magic kingdom.
Checking park hours every so often and find that Blizzard Beach is now closed until the 26th Oct so have to re-jig itinerary as below:

The NEW Itinerary!

Mon 7th Oct - fly to the best place in the world
Tues 7th Oct - dd is 10 - finally made double digits, Magic Kingdom all day, Dinner at Castle
Wed 8th Oct - Aquatica
Thurs 9th Oct – Busch Gardens
Fri 10th Oct – Islands of Adventure
Sat 11th Oct – Seaworld for Spooktacular
Sun 12th Oct – Rest Day or in other words Shopping
Mon 13th Oct – Hollywood Studios
Tue 14th Oct – Busch Gardens
Weds 15th Oct – universal studios
Thurs 16th Oct – rest day
Fri 17th Oct – animal kingdom
Sat 18th Oct – will decide when there which park to do today
Sun 19th Oct – rest day
Mon 20th Oct – my birthday, Seaworld – Dine with Shamu, then move to DISNEY, Magic Kingdom for fireworks as EMH
Tues 21st Oct – pool, Fantasia Gardens miniature golf
Wed 22nd Oct – Animal Kingdom – breakfast at Tusker House 8.20am, EMH
Thurs 23rd Oct – typhoon lagoon, whispering canyon café @5.05pm, MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom
Fri 24th Oct – pool, Epcot as EMH
Sat 25th Oct – O’hana breakfast @ 8.00am,Magic Kingdom
Sun 26th Oct – Chef Mickeys @ 8.10am, blizzard beach, Hollywood Studios as EMH
Mon 27th Oct – hometime – check in @ DTD boo hoo!

i live in hope we can survive the next couple of weeks now without any major incident as we say hello to dfil and dmil who are back off their hols and say goodbye to dbil and family as they depart to spain for their hols...been the lovin dsil i am i wished them to hurry up home so i can go on my hols, needless to say i got some very unfriendly scowls and words that just are not repeatable on such a lively site ha ha!

roll on 16 days!

Edited at 06:16 PM. Reason: add picture
finns@disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 08, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

we got caught out by blizzard beach too ! never mind sounds like you have got everything covered have a fab time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 08, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Bet your excited now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 08, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
only 9 days now Karen Are you excited yet? I'm getting excited for you
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List