Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

iPads, phones and 4 socket USB charger.
That a passport and credit cards are the only essentials.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
Nothing, I do the full disconnect.
I couldn't do that for Florida , IPad doubles as a Kindle , all docs for the holiday are stored electronically , phone for SatNav and Lyft ... and fast pass additions if doing Disney. Phone and iPad both double as a camera too.

I don't miss the days when I needed several books for flights and a sheaf of printouts or physical tickets. My carryon bag is much lighter nowadays.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I also do the full switch off.

At home I have a gaming desktop PC, phone, ipad, tv etc. In Florida I like to get away from those things and I can't be bothered getting them through security. Feels nice to just turf a wallet and a few tissues into a tray and be done. No phone to worry about, nothing in bags to be taken out. I'm the same in the parks. I enter with money and a printout of our fastpasses if at WDW and that's it.

Documents are in a brightly coloured folder, we have to take passports and an esta printout for safety anyway so might as well just bung everything else in there and keep it together. Fly premium with IFE and I rarely go to the cinema so there is always a few things for me to watch - besides, does me good to get away from the tech world for a bit and unwind.

EDIT: We also didn't bother to even bring a camera last year, honestly it was so refreshing to not have to worry about stopping for pictures. Had a much more relaxing time and remembered more of it after coming home.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 12:14 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

We each take phones, just one with a US sim in for MDE/weather/Uber and the other for pictures.
Backup battery we share
My Digital camera and instax camera
Kindle, Bose headphones and iPad for me
iPod and headphones for DH
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I couldn't do that for Florida , IPad doubles as a Kindle , all docs for the holiday are stored electronically , phone for SatNav and Lyft ... and fast pass additions if doing Disney. Phone and iPad both double as a camera too.

I don't miss the days when I needed several books for flights and a sheaf of printouts or physical tickets. My carryon bag is much lighter nowadays.

You don't take hard copies even for the suitcase?

As an overthinker, that's never going to happen, I wouldn't sleep
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Do you not book more fastpasses on the day after you've used the three ? For us that's the main reason we bring phones into the park ... might use whatsapp calling if we are spitting up to do different things too to aid finding each other again.

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
I also do the full switch off.

At home I have a gaming desktop PC, phone, ipad, tv etc. In Florida I like to get away from those things and I can't be bothered getting them through security. Feels nice to just turf a wallet and a few tissues into a tray and be done. No phone to worry about, nothing in bags to be taken out. I'm the same in the parks. I enter with money and a printout of our fastpasses if at WDW and that's it.

Documents are in a brightly coloured folder, we have to take passports and an esta printout for safety anyway so might as well just bung everything else in there and keep it together. Fly premium with IFE and I rarely go to the cinema so there is always a few things for me to watch - besides, does me good to get away from the tech world for a bit and unwind.

EDIT: We also didn't bother to even bring a camera last year, honestly it was so refreshing to not have to worry about stopping for pictures. Had a much more relaxing time and remembered more of it after coming home.
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Phone + charger
Camera + charger
Digital luggage scales
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I take my phone, tablet, headphones, power pack, shaver. Plus cables and plugs for those. I think that's it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
phone,
battery pack
go pro and waterproof cube for water parks
charger bank
bose noise cancelling headphones
usb charger multi plug
and i used to bring my large heavy laptop but i recently switched to a surface pro so will be bringing that as I sometimes catch up on work when I cant sleep out there

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
You don't take hard copies even for the suitcase?

As an overthinker, that's never going to happen, I wouldn't sleep

Of course not, as they are stored electronically they are stored in the cloud ... no need to waste a tree