Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Old 18 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Come on ladies that is unfair. I don't mind people bringing their kids in if they keep them under control, but when the women are gossiping about other mums to one another and allowing their little kids to run around a costa shop with people carrying hot drinks, it really does pee me off.

I also don't mind people having meetings if they don't shout and scream with laughter at the boss's corny jokes every 30 seconds.

I might go to the cinema shortly and hope the 10 people who have already booked seats aren't going to chat through the movie to each other, or play with their phones.

I must admit I do sound a bit of a grump😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Come on ladies that is unfair. I don't mind people bringing their kids in if they keep them under control, but when the women are gossiping about other mums to one another and allowing their little kids to run around a costa shop with people carrying hot drinks, it really does pee me off.

I also don't mind people having meetings if they don't shout and scream with laughter at the boss's corny jokes every 30 seconds.

I might go to the cinema shortly and hope the 10 people who have already booked seats aren't going to chat through the movie to each other, or play with their phones.

I must admit I do sound a bit of a grump😀
You have my sympathies MH, it drives me mad. They let the, run wild and disturb everyone but once the kids hurt themselves it’s never their fault
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Poor mums having to look after their brats all day and they come upon Mr Grumps,at least they are with their kids. So many mums trying to get me to take theirs to school and pick them up. I fell out with some after telling them to bog off!
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

First film I've seen at the cinema in a long time, but being I went just after midday on a school day it was okay with no one talking, so I enjoyed the film. No way could I have gone if the cinema was busy.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

What did you go and see? Our cinema has a starbucks
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
What did you go and see? Our cinema has a starbucks
I saw 'Joker' and really enjoyed it. The main actor was so plausible that it made the film for me.

There is a starbucks inside, but it doesn't have a comfortable seating area as it's open plan next to the escalators. Up until earlier this year I used to get a take away coffe and a treat from there most days, but the coffee was so hit and miss I don't bother anymore. It has however, done me a favour because I was spending about £9 a day on costa in the morning and then a Starbucks in the afternoon with a cake.
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I saw 'Joker' and really enjoyed it. The main actor was so plausible that it made the film for me.

There is a starbucks inside, but it doesn't have a comfortable seating area as it's open plan next to the escalators. Up until earlier this year I used to get a take away coffe and a treat from there most days, but the coffee was so hit and miss I don't bother anymore. It has however, done me a favour because I was spending about £9 a day on costa in the morning and then a Starbucks in the afternoon with a cake.
Wow that's about £4K a year MH
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

How many points have you got on your costa card MH? I'm saving all mine up, they always go oooohhh you have x on your card... i'm like yea... i know... not sure what i'm saving for! a ten course dinner in costa lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Wow that's about £4K a year MH
But I'm worth it

I only have one costa a day now and I rarely eat anything in there. I am about to have my second costa at home now using my filter maker. So I only spend about £3 on coffee take aways most days.