Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Well if you’re thinking 3-4 weeks West Coast next Summer, then don’t bother with it in February, we love SF been 3 times now, once for 6 nights, it is a long way to go for one place, so now we do multi trip, think the weather won’t be that great in Feb either🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh nice conundrum to have.
The jet lag and flight wouldn’t worry me to the West Coast, we had a week in Vegas in Feb this year which is the same 8 hours time difference as SF and I didn’t suffer at all unlike our 3 week holiday in the summer to California I felt awful for over a week once home. I think you’re right that with only a week you don’t get as settled into a new time zone.
I suppose it comes down to what you want out of the week away?
If it’s to be the West Coast for me it would have to be somewhere where we weren’t visiting in the summer, I like to find new places. Lake Tahoe looks lovely and not an overly long drive from SF. The cost is obviously higher on the West Coast than Florida but you know that.
I think you’re probably leaning towards SF, so I say go with your gut!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My sister went to San Fran for 3 nights... From London.

Her friend had a work placement so they only had the weekend.

The lady that runs the beauty salon in my village has been to New Zealand for 8 nights - plus the travelling time.

Life is too short. Go for it

X
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

For us it would be Florida, for the weather and the time difference
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I’ve found that I cope with jet lag so much better when doing west coast.
The only thing with SF is its soooo expensive so I think cheap trip and SF are two words that don’t go together 😉.
It is such a lovely place though x
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Found cheap flights to LA for the same dates this evening, which might be a winner as the weather will be that much warmer and accommodation is also far more plentiful and reasonably-priced...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Found cheap flights to LA for the same dates this evening, which might be a winner as the weather will be that much warmer and accommodation is also far more plentiful and reasonably-priced...
Oh go on then get it booked and stop messing about
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I’ve been to LA several times in late feb and the weather is very mixed . We’ve had some hot days but we’ve always had many days where it’s been cool ( cold on occasion ) and a lot of torrential rain .

If I wanted to be sure of decent weather LA in feb wouldn’t be my choice .

Not a fan of week trips to the west coast , we’ve done it a few times but don’t anymore the time difference and jet lag is a killer for us for a week
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We went to San Franfor 3 nights last Easter, crazy really for such a short time but we loved it and it was so hot! We didn’t take the right clothes as expected it to be cooler
Massive time difference though and I don’t remember us doing much in the evenings as we were too tired
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List