Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I dont hate them. I think it’s acceptable to have organised firework displays by professionals but I don’t agree with them being sold to the general public.

I always think of the wild birds - they must be terrified.

Good on Sainsbury’s.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Fair play to sainsburys for refusing to sell fireworks due to the welfare of people and animals.

I wish buying fireworks were banned full stop, and only firework displays could buy them. The poor animals are so scared, and inconsiderate people letting them off all hours of the night (including early hours of the morning).

I don't get so called fireworks that are basically bombs with extremely loud explosions (what's the point other than upsetting animals and people).
Totally agree! Selling explosives that don't require a licence over a supermarket counter seems downright stupid to me. Well done to Sainsbury 👍
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I also would like to see a total ban on them. Attend an organised display if you have to
Local convenience stores selling them weeks in advance should be licensed and limited to sales a day or so beforehand , followed by heavy fines if flouting the law.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I quite like fireworks and the laws and regulations as to when and where you can buy them from is very strict.

To be honest, we have more trouble with out of control dogs than fireworks and the stats reflect this too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Well done Sainsburys lets hope the others folllow suit. I love to see fireworks in WDW as part of a show with music etc, i don't see the point of just garden fireworks, they are dangerous and scare my 2 cats
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I agree they should be banned except at proper displays.
My three dogs aren’t that fussed about them, although the eldest will whine a bit. We are fortunate that on our estate (we live on the outskirts of a town) people tend to post in advance if they are letting fireworks off in order to forewarn people with pets. Likewise the local display provider also makes people aware if he’s been hired for any events which is thoughtful and helps a lot as we can make sure the dogs aren’t left whilst we go grocery shopping or for a meal on that particular evening.

Not sure why people need fireworks for remembrance really... Or why people can’t make do with going to proper displays which will have much better fireworks than anything you can by domestically anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Another in agreement. Proper displays only. That way I can avoid them completely.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They just go some where else there needs to be a total ban but there too much money in it same as Halloween this is America tradition not uk but there too much money involved.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Luckily my three cats and rabbit are not bothered by fireworks but I still think they should be banned.

I live next to a parkand I have a balcony that overlooks it. For the last two weeks kids have been setting off fireworks and aiming them at cars. One exploded on the path and you couldnt see outside because the smoke. It was like a bomb going off. Police came but could not find the culprits.
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Bonfire night lasts about a week where I live and they’re all garbage! A young lad died last week and a crowd of people were letting them off at the pub on the next estate @ 7pm- honestly thought it was an explosion and my poor puppy panicked.

I love fireworks but when they’re half decent and expected 😄
Where I live bonfire night lasts about 4 months. And that's without people setting them off at odd times during the year, presumably for birthdays or something.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List