Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Campbell Clan Tour June 2008 - PreTrippie

Trippie Index

Campbell Clan Pre-Trippie –JUNE 2008

Meet the cast:

Joe – Trip planner, Driver & Financier, 29 years old

Kaz – Likes to put her tuppings worth in, 25 years old

There’s something magical about planning your trip to Disney and knowing that it is all organised gives a sense of satisfaction and excitement.

Our planning has been sometimes stressful but most importantly it has been enjoyable and now we can sit back and count the days down until we visit our pal Mickey.

Seeing the smiles on my partners face the night before (we will be staying in a hotel) makes me think it has all been worth it and the holiday has begun!

So in order to ensure that this holiday is again one to be talked about for many years to come here is what has been arranged.

We booked through Thomas Cook out of the Airtours catalogue, the same as last year, infact same dates and flight but almost twice the price this year

We have booked the Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow airport the night before we fly and are really looking forward to settle down in the restaurant for dinner and wine to celebrate the start of the holiday. After dinner it will be back to the room to rest before our flight in the morning.

Our flight leaves at 11:05 and we are flying with Thomas Cook Airlines premier class (I hope this time I get the correct meal I ordered!)

Fast forward 9 hours and we will be in the land of Mickey Mouse. Quickly (that’s the plan) through the Airport and out to the car rental mob Alamo.

Where we have booked a Full size

but really want a

However I will settle for one of these

Once we have the car its now time navigate to Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Tom Tom Lead the way ………………………………………………………...

Once there its time to check in and check out the place and room which will be our home for the next 2 weeks. Somehow being in the land of Mickey I don’t think we will get home sick! (Note to self must go and purchase re-fill mugs before we do anything else! )

Now let the internary begin! (Only thing worry about this is the shark dive, hope they are well fed and don’t prefer my arm to their food! ) Let the excitement commence!

Day 1: Arrival at 15.05pm once settled at the hotel we will take the boat over to Downtown Disney and have a look around the shops – time to buy the Crocs! (With socks! ) Then its off to Wolfgang Pucks Grand Café @ 7.30pm situated at downtown Disney for our first of many ADRS this trip.

Day 2: Early start as we are off to the Richard Petty Rookie experience – really looking forward to this then once I have done my driving experience we are off to the shooting range at the beach. Dinner tonight at whispering canyon @ Wilderness Lodge.

Day 3: Early start Disney Studios then lunch at SCIFI Theatre at night time we are back to downtown Disney to do Disney quest our dinner tonight is at House of blues.

Day 4: NO lie ins this trip again another early start at the Magic Kingdom. ADR lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and Dinner at Portobello Yacht Club. After dinner we will hit downtown Disney again.

Day 5: EPCOT Tour today after a long day dinner at LE Cellier and then fireworks at 9pm.

Day 6: Boggy Creek South Airboat then Gatorland perhaps a bit f shopping and then dinner at Mickey’s backyard BBQ

Day 7: Much, Much, early start Hot air balloon ride then Wet & Wild, Sky Venture Sky dive and then off to the dinner show spirit of aloha at the poly resort

Day 8: Breakfast at Boma @ Animal Kingdom then International drive and then dinner at Victoria and Albert’s.

Day 9: Epcot then lunch at the Rose and Crown England, Beaches & Cream for a Kitchen sink, wander WS then Garden Grille for dinner

Day 10: Seaworld VIP Tour then Shamu Rocks Dinner Buffet

Day 11: Off road Segway tour, Shark Deep Dive @ Seaworld, Then Yachtsman for dinner

Day 12: Animal Kingdom with Yak & Yeti for lunch, Backstage safari tour then Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner

Day 13: Typhoon Lagoon, La Nouba then Cap N Jacks for dinner

Day 14: Aquatica with cabana, Chef Mickeys for dinner then EMH @ MK

Goodness I’m exhausted typing this out but even more excited now and can’t wait for the big day!

It may sound like a lot of ADR’s but we really do want to experience some of the more popular restaurants and take time over our meals so decided this year we would be organised with our ADRS.

I think the boat to Downtown Disney will be really convenient means we can just hop on and leave the car at the hotel.

We I do hope everyone has enjoyed ready my pre-trippie report as much as I have enjoyed organised and collating it altogether. If anyone has any recommendations or advice please feel free to add your comments……………………………………………………………………..

Joe & Kaz

Day 1
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive

Edited at 05:25 PM.
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 08, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
your itinerary is jam packed... just how I like it! all your ADRs sound fab too, I've only tried a couple of them... and I hope you love the shark dive as much as my two did.
Great pre trippie!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 08, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Omg - when does the post Flordia holiday start. Lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 08, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

You're certainly packing alot in
Old 26 Jul 08, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

hope your flights not delayed you woudnt want to miss your first ADR
Old 27 Jul 08, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tilly View Post
hope your flights not delayed you woudnt want to miss your first ADR
That was a thought i had after making it, i would not make another ADR for arrival day next time, a counter service would do just incase of delays
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 08, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Looking good!

Jodie
Old 27 Jul 08, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
richandlynn
Excited about Disney

richandlynn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm exhausted reading that!

LYNN
richandlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 08, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by richandlynn View Post
I'm exhausted reading that!
Im just about ready to put up our 1st day, if your on 56k (not sure if anyone these days still has dial up) i would go get a coffee as i have a few pics on it, i know a picture paints a thousnad words but not sure were overkill starts, im sure someone will tell me, may also have to split it into 2 posts, lol
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
Old 27 Jul 08, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nevey2006
slightly serious Dibber

nevey2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow - that is an exciting pre-trippie list.

Wish I had half that stuff on mine
nevey2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List