Hiya,

I keep reading these so figured I should try my own

Our first time at Disney:
Sarah (me) 36
Lee (dh) 36
Ethan 7
Ella 5
Dillon 2

Going 9th May-25th May 2009 and now staying at All Star Sports in Disney.

Dh has been before we met... The rest of us have never been and Ella hasnt been on a plane yet!

We decided to book as we could never afford it before but Dh was working overtime (a LOT) so I decided to use the money wisley and not waste it. I have nearly saved it all now including the spending money, as I dont want to have to scrimp next year when he may not have the overtime...and need to start paying my cc off

I have changed the hotel twice now as at first I wasnt going to drive so picked the QII on international drive but then changed my mind and decided to be brave... Dh has only been driving a year so not confident enough to drive there. We were staying in the Hawthorne suites then and the write up/ trip reports look really good for there.

I changed it again 2 weeks ago to the disney all star sports as the price seems to have come down and we discussed a split stay and see what disney is like to stay on, but virgin wanted more for a split stay than the whole holiday so we decided to change it all. I am exited about staying there but was looking forward to staying at the hawthorne suites as well if that makes sence

Anyway we wont be able to stay in the all star resort again as we will be to big, as Dillon will be well over 3yrs if we get to go back.

The tickets we are buying are.
14 day ulitmate disney
Discovery cove inc seaworld
2 park 7 day passes for universal
pirate and princess party

We have picked 3 character adr's for the kids Crystal palace with WTP for Dillon, Chef mickeys for Ethan and princess at epcot for Ella and also am doing the BBB for Ethan & Ella/

I also think that that we will try the rainforest cafe and the sci-fi cafe they look kinda cool to me

We/I booked last march and think its taking a really long time to countdown but have to admit it is going quickly lol.

We are also thinking about going to see the blue man group as it was on cbeebies yesterday and Ethan really wants to go and see it! How he knew it was in florida is beond me

I am still trying to decide weather to change the disney tickets to 21 day but cant see it unless the price comes down dramaticlly as we are there for 16 nights/ 17 days so means we cant go for 3 days I wish they were 14 days unlimited rather than 14 days concecutive! iyswim
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 08, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

You could use the 3 days you can't visit the parks as rest days you'll probably need them as a disney holiday can be quite hectic especially as it's your first time. Maybe you could have a chill day at the beach on one of these days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 08, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

You will also want to fit some shopping in, plus I can't see how you could use anymore disney days if you've got DC booked & universal tickets. The time will fly by, it just seems slow at the moment, you'll all have a wonderful time.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 08, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great! I agree with Louise J about keeping the spare 3 days as rest days, you will need them.

You're going at our favourite time of year. It will be lovely and hot but not humid and the parks should be quite quiet.
Old 17 Oct 08, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just beware of Memorial Weekend - which is the last weekend of your holiday - the parks will be full. Memorial Day is actually on the Monday, but most Americans treat it as a long weekend off.
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 08, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Thanx for your replies!

I will need shopping days lol and have started my itinerary but have a while before it needs to be finished!

I am looking forward to getting some heat/sun/tan its been a while

As it will be a busy weekend when we leave do you think we should do disney 1st then and leave the last 3 days for some other things? I was trying to decide wether to not go the 1st 2 days and then we could go on the last night iyswim

I am hoping that the pirate and princess dates are out soon

Thanx again x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 08, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would use the Disney tickets after a couple of days so that you can go to a Disney park on your last day. Watching wishes on our final night was one of the highlights of our first holiday. Just do try to make time to see it before the last night incase anything happens and you end up missing it.
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 08, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanx thats what I was thinking...and maybe seaword the 1st day. I am hoping the kids will be better with the fireworks this bonfire night so will enjoy wishes.

Are the fireworks loud or do you not notice?

x

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I would use the Disney tickets after a couple of days so that you can go to a Disney park on your last day. Watching wishes on our final night was one of the highlights of our first holiday. Just do try to make time to see it before the last night incase anything happens and you end up missing it.
2012 Pre-trippie
Old 27 Oct 08, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

The fireworks do make noise but its not like your average bonfire night show. Im sure your kids will love them looking at the castle and things (and you see Tink fly to the castle at the beginning of the show), the setting is so nice im sure it will distract from the noise. When we were there there were lots of young children none seemed distressed at all by the noise. Hope your children love it!
Old 27 Oct 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanx! I shall tell them that its not noisy

Originally Posted by genna View Post
The fireworks do make noise but its not like your average bonfire night show. Im sure your kids will love them looking at the castle and things (and you see Tink fly to the castle at the beginning of the show), the setting is so nice im sure it will distract from the noise. When we were there there were lots of young children none seemed distressed at all by the noise. Hope your children love it!
2012 Pre-trippie