Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

While details are slim at the moment, it does seem to be a bit alarming.

It would put UK visitors off buying APs as they would only be able to book 3 days in the parks. Also, what happens to others visiting from th UK? They're hardly likely to visit if they're not guaranteed entry to the parks.

It could backfire on Disney - anyone not being able to book entry to a Disney park would visit a different park instead.

Let's wait for the facts to come out.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

We have visited at least once each year for the last 30 years, but in recent years the increased planning requirements have taken away some of the pleasure. We prefer to decide the night before what we will do the following day, depending on the weather, how tired we are etc.
It has already reached a stage where it was impossible to get a table service meal by just turning up on the day. Similarly the most popular attractions were unavailable without a lengthy queue.
Our most recent visit was in February this year, and I have to admit I didn't enjoy the experience as much as I used to. For me, retention of the park booking system would probably be the final straw, and we would look elsewhere.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I’m not a fan of it. I like the opportunity to wake up and think oh actually I do fancy that park today. When I did the CRP and worked at Epcot, sometimes I’d just go to a park before or after work. I can’t imagine not having that choice anymore. I suppose it makes sense for busy periods like on Christmas Day but other than that, it seems unnecessary. I love park hopping as well so I wouldn’t want to lose that.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally think park reservation is a good thing, but then again we arent park hoppers we have everything planned to do one park per day. Not sure I would like to wear a mask, we are booked October 2021 and hopefully masks wont he required but I dont mind booking parks
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

It’ll be a no from us as well. We loved park hopping, waking up and deciding what parks we would visit that day (if any). Will wait and see what actually transpires .
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I like the reservation system in theory, purely because it controls the crowd level. But in reality, I like park hopping and tend to schedule in two parks on most days. So without it, it would probably push up the minimum number of days I'd need to stay to see everything. Not sure that's something I'm prepared to do at the moment.

But they must have stats that say this way of touring is the minority if they think this is financially viable in future. I am guessing the majority of US ticket holders don't bother to buy park hoppers.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Like many have already said, we like to decide which park to visit on any given day, not have to make a reservation for this park on this day and that park on that day. We have had the use of a DAS pass for one of the teenagers in our family so have not used the fast pass system, which I can imagine in August without that facility it would be a nightmare.

I expect their decision is made on the high Covid cases in Florida. But, by all accounts Universal is seeing higher numbers of guests as it does not require park reservations, you just turn up. Think Disney have made a big mistake by announcing these measures. Who is going to pay a small fortune for their WDW tickets and not get the full WDW experience. I understand the measures that are in place right now but I would have thought in six months time things at WDW would be getting somewhere near to back to normal with FFpasses in place and bookable dining and no more having to 'book a day at the park.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I'm so glad we've had years and years of Disney at its best, it'll never be the same again for me without being able to spend the day in one park and nip to another at night for fireworks, or just to be able to decide on the day that you're going to head to whichever park. 🤔🙄
This. It's the spontaneity I will.miss.

An even bigger blow for those who wish to stay onsite and use the DDP over a longer time period. How will that work with in-park restaurants?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully the park hopping option will be made available under the scheme if they do make permanent, as currently Disney say it's temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
Although i wonder if they add that as a perk for staying onsite first.🤔
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
This. It's the spontaneity I will.miss.

An even bigger blow for those who wish to stay onsite and use the DDP over a longer time period. How will that work with in-park restaurants?
I wonder if they'll even bring back the DDP🤔
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List