Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 11, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

i was trying so hard to think of a special moment to share with everyone as i have just loved reading everyones elses then it just came to me it was watching my sons face in 2009 he was only 3 when we entered majic kingdom and walked up main street he had such wonder on his face it will stay with me forever disney is just such a majical place roll on sept he will be 5 this time so much more aware too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
The first time we had ever persuaded DD 13 to do Tower of Terror, photos didn't come out, the machine wasn't working for that lift. We were saying in the shop area how we couldn't believe it, that we wouldn't get the photo of her looking terrified etc. when one of the scary bell=hop men came up to us and took us round the back, straight to the lifts and we rode again. It was so brill. my 13 year old was still shaking from the first time and didn't even have time to think about the 2nd time, it was hilarious. So nice that they do the odd things like that, as they seem to be the things that people remember. Great phot as well.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In 2008, my mum got selected in the Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor. Queue lots of ribbing by my dad for the rest of the holiday. In 2010, guess who it was that got selected? My dad! My mum didn't stop reminding him for the rest of the holiday

The two most special moments both concerned my niece Tiyana.

When she was 5, back in 2008, on her first visit to MK, we took her to BBB in the castle. Sitting in the chair, being made-up by the fairy godmother, she was told that the next Disney princess would also be called Tiana. The look on her little face made my holiday.

Then last year, she finally got to meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveed, and I've never seen a little girl smile so much

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sueh6
Imagineer

sueh6's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were in Animal Kingdom in 2008 and were chosen to receive Fast Passes for the day as part of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. I still have the special lanyards to this day as it was such a wonderful surprise

'Life is not about the number of breaths you take, rather the number of moments that take your breath away' 1999 - Grosvenor Resort 2004 - Lake Berkley Townhouse 2006 - Lake Berkley Villa & HRH 2008 - POR & RPR 2011 - OKW, HRH & HGVC International Drive 2012 - HGVC Seaworld & Royal Pacific Club Level
sueh6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
piglets pal
Apprentice Imagineer

piglets pal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have had a few small things which have made our holidays over the years.
- DS who was 2 at the time and baloo came and took his hand in the lucky Nugget restaurant at DLRP lifted him up and dance to Christmas music for ages with him ( they are not suppoised to life children but we have amazing photos of them.
- In the year of a million dreams we got special edition mickey ears as we went to ride on the carousel
- In jan 10 we did the disney marathon and half marathon and got lots of special treatment when we wore our medals and t shorts in the park the next day. Lots and lots of interaction with Charecters for us and our children
- Jan 10 we went to get the childrens marathon weekend mickey ears embroidered with their names and when we went to pay they said there was no charge.

The little things can make the holiday extra magical :-)
DLRP Dec 03 & 04 Santa Fe Aug 05,Sequoia Lodge Oct 07 Cheyenne, Jan 09 Santa Fe
piglets pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
At MNSSHP our kids were trick or treating when we came across a CM in Toon Town who was also from our home town and had delivered newspapers to my DH's parents in past years - he was excited that we knew everywhere he knew and filled the kids trick or treat bags to the brim.

On another holiday we bumped into a friend at DD in World of Disney that I had not seen for over 10 years.

And last year at Aquatica (I know not Disney but stlll) we bumped into our neighbours from up the road, our son bumped into his teacher on the flight out and some of his Uni friends at Seaworld. And finally at the Rose and Crown, our waiter had gone to the same school as our boys!

It really is a small world after all...
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
At MK we wore our first timers badges, and in the Main St Electrical Parade Pete (on Pete's Dragon) saw them and shouted 'Happy first time!'

Then on my birthday we did MVMCP and Santa shouted happy birthday to me in the parade. Aaaah...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

I love reading threads like this, Disney really is the most magical place in the world!

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I have two that spring to mind:

The first is in my trip report and involved my then 2 year old DD - here's an excerpt:

While we were sitting, I noticed someone approaching us...clutching a guitar and strapped up to a microphone. First thoughts were...oh no, he’s going to talk to us...and no doubt embarrass us! DH and I looked at each other, and looked around for an escape route...but none opened up...so we resigned ourselves to smiling at the man, who took a seat in front of us. As it happened, a very sweet moment was about to unfold. He sat down in front of Jemima and started talking to her; luckily she was in chatty mode, so responded! After an exchange of hellos and names, he held out his fist and said ‘What is in my hand? Is it a candy, a rock, or a zebra?’. We repeated the question again to Jemima slowly so she would definitely understand, and emphasising the word ‘Candy’ – well...we didn’t want her to miss out. Jemima gave us her usual look of disdain and then smiled at the man and proceeded to say, ‘aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa’ (she likes to build up the suspense) ‘ZEBRA’. DH and I shot each other a look that said, Oh well! The guitar man drew in his breath in a shocked way...and slowly opened his hand...and, well would you believe it, there was a zebra in his hand after all. lol! Jemima treasures this zebra..DH and I spent the rest of the day on tenterhooks as she would not let us put it safely away for safekeeping...luckily it has made it home to England and now has pride of place on her shelf!

The second, this year, was being asked out by Buzz Lightyear - yes really lol!
Here come the Disney happy tears
Old 10 Jul 11, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dave and lesley
Imagineer

dave and lesley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
many things ... over many years...
the girls being chosen to be part of the afternoon in Mk parade one year, they had to race up and down with cups and plates...

going on the pirates cruise and being asked to dance an aniversery dance in the middle of the seven seas lagoon...

celebrating dd2s 18th birthday with a magical treasure hunt around MK her face was a picture whaen she found the first clue...

celebrating her 21st in the HRC with a huge cake and her being asked to dance with the team!

my dad in covnersation with all the princess in CRT about the yellow submarine in liverppol bay...did you know ariel has swum by it many times! dads fell for it big style...

seeing the kids go from babys and toddlers to adults and enjoying florida more and more each time...
2010 SSR HRH, 11 SSR Cocoa beach, 12 SSR HRH,
2014 SSR GFV Wedding, 15 LBV, 17 Miami Beach
dave and lesley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread