Notices

Old 13 Nov 11, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Todays project was to go through the cupboards and pull out all the things that DD has outgrown or doesnt play with and sell them on Ebay. I usually do this around this time of year to help boost the Santa fund but not this year any money made is going straight into the Florida pot for spending money! I had to make sure that Connie didnt spy her Cinderella shoes long grown out of she gets very sentimental about her things I just see the dollar signs and the space! hee hee.

So I have spent all evening photographing and listing my items, I already have someone bidding on one item so things look promising!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 11, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I can see the pic now - its lovely
Good luck on the Ebaying - we really should do the same with all the stuff we have in our garage - we must have more tyres than KwikFit.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 11, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I can see the pic now - its lovely
Good luck on the Ebaying - we really should do the same with all the stuff we have in our garage - we must have more tyres than KwikFit.
Ah thank you its one of my photopass ones from this year that was worth every penny.

yes have a garage clear out you'd be surprised how much you make, I do 2 selling events a year one in autumn one in spring I sell all Connies out grown clothes and toys (only sell the toys in autumn) and nearly always make enough for a shopping spree. Cuts down the clutter too my house is too tiny to hold onto anything for long.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 11, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Hi I'm new to DIBB and a single mum too. I have just booked a surprise trip to WDW for me and my 9yr old in January 2012. Very exciting but panicing now as I haven't even thought about the planning and work/xmas is so busy. Glad to hear its a good place for single parents.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 11, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Louiseanne View Post
Hi I'm new to DIBB and a single mum too. I have just booked a surprise trip to WDW for me and my 9yr old in January 2012. Very exciting but panicing now as I haven't even thought about the planning and work/xmas is so busy. Glad to hear its a good place for single parents.
Hi Louiseanne and welcome. You will have a fantastic time which hotel are you staying at? Do you have the DDP because then it might be worth doing some planning to book restaurants etc but if not you can just go with the flow. When are you going to tell your DD? DS?
Old 14 Nov 11, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Brrrr, hasn't it got cold? Never mind I had something to warm the cockles of my heart a little letter from Charter Travel with my holiday confirmation, the scary bit was the realisation that there are in fact only 8 pay days left until I have to pay off the balance!

Ebay items are coming along nicely lots of watchers and bids on 3 items with 6 days left to run.

Have been toying with the idea of starting a spreadsheet for our fortnight of fun but my book is calling me and as it is chilly I cant think of anything better than an early night and dreams of somewhere warmer.
Old 17 Nov 11, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks333
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Connies Mummy View Post
Brrrr, hasn't it got cold? Never mind I had something to warm the cockles of my heart a little letter from Charter Travel with my holiday confirmation, the scary bit was the realisation that there are in fact only 8 pay days left until I have to pay off the balance!

Ebay items are coming along nicely lots of watchers and bids on 3 items with 6 days left to run.

Have been toying with the idea of starting a spreadsheet for our fortnight of fun but my book is calling me and as it is chilly I cant think of anything better than an early night and dreams of somewhere warmer.
My paperwork came today - so exciting! Good luck with your ebay items, hope you make lots of £££
tinks333 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 11, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just had a look at the VH website (not that I booked with them) but out of interest wanted to look at the excursions they do.

This year everything was new and we ate at CRT and DD also had the full package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique along with other numerous character meals because we had the DDP. Next oct we will only have the QSDP which I am looking forward to using snack credits at the food and wine festival and also trying out some of the CS places we didnt try last time but I still want to have a couple of "new special experiences". On the VH site one of the trips is to Arabian NIghts which I think DD would love (princes, princesses, weddings and horses a winning formula in her book!) if anyone reading this has been can I have your opinions and if anyone knows of an easy way to get from WDW to the show as we wont have a car.

Another thing that caught my eye was the balloon flight DD has said she would like to fly in a balloon (we get quite a few fly over our house). I'm not so sure about this, could I hide my fear of heights long enough to do this? (I did conquer my fear of ferris wheels last year after DD insisted on riding 5 times in one afternoon) and it looks like she would ride for free if I read things correctly. Has anyone done this? Was it good? Did the basket feel sturdy?!
Old 17 Nov 11, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

ahhh, what a lovely mummy
Old 20 Nov 11, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Ebay items finished tonight everything sold except for 2 items and I made just over £90 not bad for a few old pairs of childrens shoes. Now what else have I got in the house that I can sell!