Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Garfield
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

"Do not Feed"

In Universal studios park last week there was a man and woman, the man was in a motorised mobility scooter and the woman walking alongside. He had a sign on his scooter saying "do not feed" and he was asking everyone passing for a bite of hotdog, or a crisp etc. If anyone fed him, the woman was saying "he belongs to you now, you have to feed him and take him home"
TBH we thought they were just uber hyper and were having a laugh, but when we revisited a few days later they were in the same park area again doing the same thing.
My family were saying they were definately part of the park as no-one would pay twice etc just to stand in that area of the park, but it was bizarre - anyone else seen them?
Garfield is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

If it was around the area where jaws used to be then i would say yes they are part of the staff. When Jaws closed and they boarded the area up and just left the walkway universal decided to put cast members walking around that area acting stupid i guess they think it will take peoples attention away from the loss of jaws. In my opinion it is just a ridiculous thing to do.
wotever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Not seen them, but maybe they are locals with an annual pass?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Garfield
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by wotever View Post
If it was around the area where jaws used to be then i would say yes they are part of the staff. When Jaws closed and they boarded the area up and just left the walkway universal decided to put cast members walking around that area acting stupid i guess they think it will take peoples attention away from the loss of jaws. In my opinion it is just a ridiculous thing to do.
It was in that area...they did seem odd rather than funny!
Garfield is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
In that same area OH got approached by some insane cast member telling her to "stand in the corner and think about what she has done" (she was wearing an "escaped from Azkaban" t shirt), it was very funny but seemed weird to plonk crazy staff there!
Old 25 Jun 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

love the randomness !
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Saw them last month...good idea to add a bit of activity in that area why the building goes on. Also I saw the couples dressed up with candy for the first time on the other side of the park as well...are they new
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That just sounds weird.
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No more ridiculous than the talking trashcan at MK, just to try and take your mind of getting your head bubbled in the sun while waiting for the parade

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We saw a couple of people dressed up trying to be funny.
We thought they were just annoying and looked stupid.
Big fail Universal.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread