Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 12, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bert
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
We saw a couple of people dressed up trying to be funny.
We thought they were just annoying and looked stupid.
Big fail Universal.
Yup... Some morons dressed in beach gear and water wings shooting water at everyone then asking if anyone wanted squirting... Asked if he'd like a knee in the Jacobs... Idiot ... Kids did not appreciate it

Bert
4th - 2012 - 2012 "pythons eat pies blah blah" index
Reclining anxiety... Really?
Bert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We had the stupid cast members walking around in beach gear saying stay hydrated? What the? I was not impressed...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

The talking trash can was the highlight of my childhood!
katiexlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post

It all just sounds like harmless fun to me, maybe a tad childish but is that not what its all about?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Certain people on here need to relax. It's harmless fun and like someone else has stated, a distraction from the loss of Jaws and the boarded up area around Amity. Disney do the same with the talking trashcan and the CM's on Hollywood Boulivard. Universal are just...not as good.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by katiexlou View Post
The talking trash can was the highlight of my childhood!
That's at Magic Kingdom and it is a whole different league to this. Push is brilliant.

Originally Posted by byeo View Post
Certain people on here need to relax. It's harmless fun and like someone else has stated, a distraction from the loss of Jaws and the boarded up area around Amity. Disney do the same with the talking trashcan and the CM's on Hollywood Boulivard. Universal are just...not as good.
Actually, I found being sprayed with water by some random stranger who it isn't even clear whether they are a CM or not, very annoying!

It is nothing like the other street entertainment either in Universal or Disney. The other entertainment, you interact with them by choice and what they do is very good. This, they give you no choice and the entertainment factor is rubbish.
Honestly, the entire "show" is just walking along, spraying passers by and saying "keep hydrated" - seriously lame.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Does sound a bit odd.

They should have done something to do with Jaws... like how they'd finally captured him after all these years, and had a stall selling all things Jaws... or even shark burgers!

Sounds like they are trying to scare people away from the area so we don't sneak a look at whats going on!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Isn't it better to have a bit of nonsense there than just a boarded up wall though ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
irishgal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tinker29 View Post
It all just sounds like harmless fun to me, maybe a tad childish but is that not what its all about?
Exactly what I was thinking, certainly no reason to get all hot about it!
irishgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yep, we saw those people dressed in hawaiian shirts and beach gear as well. They are part of the staff and have been added to the refurbishment area in order to detract from the work that's going on. I have to agree though that, rather than being entertaining, they are a bit weird and we tried to steer clear of them.

Suddenly the Test Track All Stars at Epcot don't seem so bad after all.

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Isn't it better to have a bit of nonsense there than just a boarded up wall though ?
Not really. They provide no added entertainment and, if anything, just get in the way. At least the boarded up walls in Universal - with their 100 years of film posters shown along them - are better than Disney's red ones.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread