Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Yes we went. I remember my little girl paddling with goofy, she's 18 now so was probably about 16 years ago.
Old 13 Nov 12, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes, we went on our first visit to WDW in 1999 - in February - the water was freeeeezing! Loved it though, the kids really enjoyed it until their teeth started chattering
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
Me too, first went there in 1986! I remember it quite vividly as my mother had to be rescued by a lifeguard,
We went to River Country on our honeymoon in 1986 and were nearly divorced straight away. There were 2 water slides side by side and of course we had never seen anything like that in the UK. DH thought it would be a good idea to go down them. I'm sure it was about a 20 foot drop into the water (or at least seemed like it) and I plumetted straight to bottom and came up gasping for air. DH was helpless with laughter instead of trying to help me. :angry:

I've found a pic so you can see my plight

Old 13 Nov 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

There was also a non disney waterpark on the 192...Watermania...cant remember when this closed though
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

We loved river country
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
There was also a non disney waterpark on the 192...Watermania...cant remember when this closed though
Watermania closed their doors for good on Sept. 5th , 2005. Not soon enough in my opinion.
Old 14 Nov 12, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bomb Jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Myself and our two boys would have loved RC. Did they have a rope swing to drop off like The Waltons did?
Bomb Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 12, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We didn't like it actually. Thought some bits were a bit unsafe. DS jumped in the pool which looked green and he didn't come up for ages. Then DH appeared and I hadn't even noticed he wasn't there! He said it was a bit too deep and we left soon after. Anyway - since we are going down memory lane - who remembers Boardwalk and Baseball?
Old 14 Nov 12, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We loved River Country.

There was a rope going across the water for people to swing from and drop into the water ( Whoop 'n' Holler Hollow) also a deeper water hole, we remember our nephew losing his sunglasses in that.

Our children tried scube diving in a small pool for the first time, and now our daughter Carole is a Dive Master.

We remember Goofy going down the slides with children following him.

A good day

We were there in 94 and 96.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 14 Nov 12, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nixxy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have such good memories of River Country from when I was a kid, I have to say that the pictures of it now falling apart are a bit creepy though!
Nixxy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread