Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 13, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

"Dropping off" at the disney parks

Hi all

We're staying in a villa when we go to WDW in a few weeks (ie, not at a WDW resort). my question is, there are going to be days when my parents want to go off with the car doing other stuff whilst we wear the kids out in one of the disney parks. Is it possible for my folks to drop us off at disney (say, the gates at MK) in the car without having to pay $15 at the toll plaza? Would be a tad annoying having to pay for a full day's parking just to drop us off...

Many thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkiedrummer
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Stupidpilot View Post
Hi all

We're staying in a villa when we go to WDW in a few weeks (ie, not at a WDW resort). my question is, there are going to be days when my parents want to go off with the car doing other stuff whilst we wear the kids out in one of the disney parks. Is it possible for my folks to drop us off at disney (say, the gates at MK) in the car without having to pay $15 at the toll plaza? Would be a tad annoying having to pay for a full day's parking just to drop us off...

Many thanks!
we had this same problem even with been dropped off at the various Disney parks by Taxi... although didn't get charged at Magic Kingdom so that might be a option to be dropped there & get Disney Transport to the other Parks saving on the $15 each time
yorkiedrummer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 13, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

We've done drop off's, never a problem. Just ask at the carpark booth for the drop off location, or see if the overhead signs for taxi or buses direct you.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 13, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

DH drops the rest of us off all the time. As suggested you just have to explain this to the toll booth attendent. They will then explain where to go, usually near the disabled parking. At MK you just need to stay to the right (near the bus only lane), follow the attendent's directions and you will end up at guest drop off just before the Polynesian hotel.

I have never heard of taxis being charged for parking! Definitely no need to mess around with getting a bus to the other parks. We have done drop off probably 20 times a year for the past 8 years and never had a problem. It is also possible at Universal and Sea World.
Old 13 Oct 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
greggo6
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All 4 of the Disney parks have drop off areas for guests. Just tell the Cast Member at the toll booth and they will direct you.
At Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot the drop off area is near to the entrance to the park, at Magic Kingdom it is in a designated area next to the TTC so you will still need to take the ferry / monorail over to the Magic Kingdom.
Old 13 Oct 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread