Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 14, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We don't mind paying it. It's not a shock, we know in advance what it costs so you factor it into your holiday. I personally think parking in these parks is far superior to many of the small, dingy car parks I get ripped off for in this country. Love been able to open your door without banging wing mirrors or scraping my car side going around some of the smallest multi storeys in the UK...eeek. Hubby loves having my car paint retouched!
We were Onsite this time so we didn't have to pay it, which was a bonus.
You pay one way or the other wether it's in the higher price of onsite or the actual parking.
Who cares, it's Florida and your on holidays
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

I'm staying onsite at Disney so wont have to pay for parking at the parks

I'm also staying onsite at Universal where I will have to pay $20 plus tax per night for parking.

I thought it was worth making the comparison as I often see threads on parking costs for Disney but not so many for Universal

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Just imagine if it was free, there would be a queue a mile long! See I dont think it too bad. look at my local city york.gov.uk/info/200233/c...24/car_parks/5 £2.30 per hour, thats $3.79 per hour!
Its there, there are other options of getting to the park, it will never be reduced so I think its a case of and enjoy the holiday.

Now $29 for a limited edition magic band! now there is a rip off lol
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I'm staying onsite at Disney so wont have to pay for parking at the parks

I'm also staying onsite at Universal where I will have to pay $20 plus tax per night for parking.

I thought it was worth making the comparison as I often see threads on parking costs for Disney but not so many for Universal
We did not have to pay for parking at RPR with Virgin- it's free
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu doesn't charge for parking. The irony of that statement is not lost on me!
LOL!

adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneytohavefun View Post
I still think that disney could do a cheaper rate say after 7pm it's quite a chunk if you are just going for a couple of hours on the evening to see a parade and have not been to a disney park during the day
More often than not, unless its a Halloween or Christmas party night, the toll booths are not staffed after 7p.m. and you get a "free" session at the car park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
We did not have to pay for parking at RPR with Virgin- it's free
Thats true you don't have to if you book through VH. Its a perk VH has negotiated. When I checked my dates it was cheaper to book direct and pay for parking than it was to book with VH. Its a good perk if you can get a good price from them though.

Old 2 Sep 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
if you are staying on international drive leave the car at your hotel and catch the lynx bus

mum and dad and two kids will pay $6.00 each way for bus tickets and the journey time will be around an hour each way saving $5.00 on the Disney parking charge Bargain
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

As others have said we all know you have to pay so something to take into account when budgeting.

It will never be 'free' the only other option is to include it into the price of the ticket and that wouldn't be fair to those who don't park a car.
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

It's not something that really bothers me to be honest.

What would bother me is paying for transport and waiting around in queues to get from A to B

I love the layout of the parking at Disney, the shuttle, the monorail, the boat and I factor in the costs of the parking before we go on holiday, so it really doesn't bother me at all.

What they could do perhaps is have a ticket for Disney with parking included at a slightly discounted rate, and also have a Disney ticket without parking. Then no one has to pay for something they aren't using.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread