Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 15, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

A lot in that report is also just rumour...

There has been news about whats coming in.. All that has been sort of verified by other sources is Pixar and Star Wars stuff is coming, the rest so far is just a big wish list and can be taken with a pinch of salt until more info gets leaked and the chances are we will be waiting some time to find out. Most likely to get info about new name and possible Pixar stuff at D23, anything Starwars will be a lot later.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Illuminations will be staying, just as a different show. It will be called 'Illuminations - " new name here"- instead of 'Illuminations - A Reflection of Earth'.

The $3bn budget is not just for DHS, some is for the other parks.

The entrance on Buena Vista Drive where the Buses enter is going to be for buses only, new parking garages are supposed to be built and the main entrance revamped with a possible entrance/exit from Victory Way opposite the AOA entrance, but this could be just for access for construction.

Now we know what the BoD was doing at WDW the other week...

That makes a lot of sence. Mr Tom posted this the other day

A new permit has been filed with the South Florida water Management District that suggest Disney is exploring the possibility of adding new roadways to several key areas of Walt Disney World.
The plans are not yet for actual roads, but are permits to allow the exploration of ground conditions for potential future road building.
The first is a new road that would link Disney's Hollywood Studios to Victory Way, the road that serves the massive Art of Animation and Pop Century resorts.
In some of the possible redesigns of the Studios park, the roadways have been reconfigured with a main entrance off World Drive, a bus only entrance along Buena Vista Drive across from the Boardwalk, and a new exit road leading to Victory Way.

With the road system at the moment, the park has nowhere to expand. By moving the carpark entrance to Victory Way it would free up a lot of land for expansion

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by damaged View Post
I have to say I agree. I've never understood all the hype around avatar, and have never met anyone that's ever mentioned being excited about the sequel. I like Star Wars as much as the next person, but don't think they should be putting all their eggs in one basket.
You do now!... Avatar was an amazing film..cant wait for the next one
Old 4 Jul 15, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait for 2030 when it all may be on soft openings!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't wait for some updates to come to HS. I remember going to MGM studios when it opened in 1989. Hardly anything has changed in the park since then. Most of the attractions are outdated and the remainder are not suitable for younger children.
I just hope Disney get on with it, but I have my suspicions that they will drag it out for as long as possible.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread