Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 06, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

$10 Parking!

Something they don't tell you!, Is there anyway to pre pay for parking before travel if you are not staying in a disney resort? With everyone's help here today we have decided to go with the Ultimate 14 day pass and skip universal (this time!) But I hadn't budgeted for an extra $140 for parking!.
Yorkshire Warcry 'How Much?"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 06, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

There is no way to prepay for your parking before you go. The only way to do it is to Buy one annual pass, which includes parking. $140 isnt too bad when converted into £,

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 06, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
the parking fee is a bug bear for a lot of people but the carparks are really well organised and well kept with transport to the gates .. and with the size of them they need to be!

no way to pre pay though ...

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 06, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

If you want to save, then you can park at down town disney and use the transportation from there.

If it helps I think, but am not sure, that parking was $8 a day.
Old 30 Apr 06, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
hI

You can also park at the Boardwalk. This is the only Hotel Resort that you dont need to move your car after 3 hours. Pretty sure you can access MK and Epcot from here.

Ok editing this as i have just checked for you:

From Boardwalk you can walk to MGM and Epcot ot take the friendship boat. No mention of Mk access, thought you could boat to MK from there but must be wrong.

I read about the DTD tip for parking and it seems good but i have double checked, no buses operate from the Theme parks to DTD. If you park there you will not be able to get a bus from a theme park back to DTD for your car. You would have to leave park early, take a bus to a Disney Resort, then catch a DTD bus from the Resort over to DTD to get your car. Its a lot of hassle especially if you have little ones who are tired.

Personally i would pay for Mk and Ak car parks and possibly use Boardwalk for Epcot and MGM if you want to avoid some car park costs. i however, would jusy pay the cost of the car park.

Another option is to Valet park in Contemporary $7 and monorail into MK. You can Valet park at any Resort Hotel and you can leave car all day. (free to people with disability bades) this however, only saves you $2 each time you park !

x

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 06, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks

Thanks to all, tinkerbell thanks for the research it is appriciated, at least the parking issue won't come as a surprise to this tight yorkshireman!
Old 30 Apr 06, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another option is to Valet park in Contemporary $7 and monorail into MK. You can Valet park at any Resort Hotel and you can leave car all day. (free to people with disability bades) this however, only saves you $2 each time you park !
only a saving if you dont tip

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 06, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

I would rather pay $10 to park there than the expensive parking charges they charge in my local town to go shopping.
Old 30 Apr 06, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

For shear convenience it is much easier to just park at the parks and pay the parking fee. I know it's a lot $140 extra, but there really isn't a good way around it. You only have to pay once in a day even if you visit more than one park.
Old 30 Apr 06, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by Villainlover
only a saving if you dont tip
Forgot about the tip

Well seeing i havnt Valet parked before lol
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread