Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Sep 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Which Disney park 4th July

We’ve booked from the 3rd July for Disney at POfQ( might change resort though) for 8 nights for the first part of our holiday.

Where would you go on the 4th?

I really want to see the 4th of July fireworks at MK and I don’t think landing at 6pm on the 3rd will give us enough time to do it that night, So will hopefully hop to Mk later on the 4th just for that, assuming it’s not at capacity. I’m feeling brave enough for the chaos having done Christmas and new year at Disney now 😂

Years ago we did AK first thing till lunch and it was fine but that was pre Pandora and in the good old fp+ days.

We will undoubtedly be up early and with only 8 nights on site I really want to do a Disney park, book a reservation for lunch then leave.

I’d be grateful for any thoughts.
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I think I'd do Epcot, loads of choice for lunch and plenty of space so it won't feel as crowded. We did MK on the 4th in 2019, great fun but it was mad busy.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Either AK or HS. Crowds there haven't historically been bad on the 4th, as most people go to MK or Epcot. I'd probably go with AK as it's usually open the earliest of all the parks which is handy on your first day. Epcot seems in no rush to return to opening in the mornings again, already back to scheduled 11am opens in November after a brief run of 10am for Remy's opening.

Then hop to MK for the fireworks, with a backup of watching from one of the monorail resorts if they hit capacity. That's assuming they bring the 4th fireworks back, they didn't run them this year - was just a brief red, white and blue castle projection after the regular HEA.

Edited at 01:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm kind of thinking of HS as our first park to try and do the new Star Wars expansion that we've not seen. Maybe that would be good for you? Then a nice restful afternoon at the pool and hop to MK in the evening.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks everyone.

I think Ak makes sense with Epcot opening later and even though I’m super excited for Galaxy’s Edge, I’d be worried it would end up manic on the 4th.

Hopefully 4th July fireworks will be back, wonder how late MK will stay open and hopefully we can get in.
Old 29 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

We did none of them when we were there over July 4th. Crazy busy - Americans everywhere!

Go shopping - the sales are insane on July 4th!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List