Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 15, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by qprchrisc View Post
Once again I have found this invaluable.
Last year I skipped the counter and went straight to the car park for my minivan.
I am going again on Tuesday 18th Aug and I always have a prebooked voucher via Netflights and followed Yorkshire Dans instructions no problems.
P12 - post 115 is also very good - was doubting myself re insruances that were pre paid. Post 115 tells you to the point what to do etc
Me too, see you in the garage on Tuesday
Old 15 Aug 15, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pastylad
Excited about Disney

hi has anyone skipped the counter using floridacarhire.com ?

thanks
pastylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by pastylad View Post
hi has anyone skipped the counter using floridacarhire.com ?

thanks
Hi pastylad
In short yes you can. Read the guide it explains how to. But in effect you'll need to checkin online in the Alamo website. After this is done on the same browser Google "Alamo skip the counter" and click the link and your details will be in there ready to fill out.
You will need the credit card that you are taking with you to enter the details and then you'll get n email from Alamo to confirm that you can skip the counter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

Excellent thread everyone, really helped me make up my mind to go with Alamo next year, for the brits offer do they really ask to see a copy of the book?, I mean I have one but it's a few years old now...
Old 15 Aug 15, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
Excellent thread everyone, really helped me make up my mind to go with Alamo next year, for the brits offer do they really ask to see a copy of the book?, I mean I have one but it's a few years old now...
The didn't ask for mine at Sanford 3 weeks ago
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Brocks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
From everything I've read on here I've never heard of anyone actually being asked to show the Brits Guide! We've booked via Alamo Brits for this Novemeber and I certainly won't have a copy of the book with me.
Brocks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brocks View Post
From everything I've read on here I've never heard of anyone actually being asked to show the Brits Guide! We've booked via Alamo Brits for this Novemeber and I certainly won't have a copy of the book with me.

What you say is very true and I'm sure people won't ever get asked BUT it is in their T&C and all it takes is it to happen once.

I've used Brits 8 times now and never had any issues at all and never asked once.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Thanks Yorkshire Dan and everyone else (used post 446 links) that has added to this thread, booked via 3rd party,prepaid with netflights collecting in Tampa and dropping off in Orlando and have just done online checkin and skip the counter and now have my bypass ticket

thanks all

Edited at 03:26 PM.
elmspenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Thank you for this post, the initial post and the update on page 12 concerning the prepaid option. Worked a treat, no problems got the bypass ticket. Happy days feel like I've won a golden ticket into wonkas chocolate factory. ha ha.
Old 19 Aug 15, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
florida babe
Very Serious Dibber

HI how long does it take for Alamo to send an email confirming online check in and with a link to bypass the counter. Thank s
florida babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread