Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by holidayforever View Post
Think I will chop the card up , had a email from Post Office they are doing similar card which seems strange when they sold there business to JaJa .
Any ore information on a proposed PO Card please? Haven't heard about that.
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To clarify,

Post office didn’t sell out to jaja, bank of Ireland sold all their card business in the U.K. to jaja.

Bank of Ireland ran the post office cards so that went to jaja.

Post office has re-launched cards, they are being ran by capital one this time, post offer never had a card scheme, it was bank of Ireland now its capital one.

The cards just had a post office logo on them.

The jaja app is acutely quite good, credit limit the same and all features the same, just use the post office card until the expiry date if no one likes the name!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh so we do not have to change over to jaja at all if we want to stay with the Post Office/Capitol one (I already have a Cap One card) I will have to check this out on line thanks for the info.
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandobaby
Imagineer

orlandobaby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have had trouble registering too. Tbh it’s been a bit of a nightmare.

I have a credit balance which the PO said would be refunded over 3 weeks ago. Still waiting even after making 2 calls to JaJa. They keep fobbing me off. I have gone down the FOS route now.

You would think if they are a big professional outfit that their transfer systems would be fully tested before rolling them out to the public. Shoddy if you ask me. I will be cutting up my card once they give me my money back.

Orlando Sep 2000,Nov 01,June 04,June 05,Sep 05,Sep 06,Oct 08&13,Oct 14,Oct 15,Apr 18
NYC March 2005, Nov 2005, Barbados March 2015
Las Vegas May 2007, Sept 2007, Feb 2008, Chicago, Detroit, Niagara, Cleveland March 2014
LA and Las Vegas May 2010, San Fran, Las Vegas, LA May 2013
orlandobaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandobaby View Post
I have had trouble registering too. Tbh it’s been a bit of a nightmare.

I have a credit balance which the PO said would be refunded over 3 weeks ago. Still waiting even after making 2 calls to JaJa. They keep fobbing me off. I have gone down the FOS route now.

You would think if they are a big professional outfit that their transfer systems would be fully tested before rolling them out to the public. Shoddy if you ask me. I will be cutting up my card once they give me my money back.
I can't register with them either Apparently their platform cannot register me because there is a hyphen in my surname! I found this out once I been on hold for 45 minutes. Absolutely useless. I too will be cutting this card up as I pay my cards on line, so no point in me having it if I cannot. I have an MBNA card for 0 % overseas purchases.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I've already checked out the PO cards with Cap One and I think we will go for their Travel Credit Card instead. I cleared our balance with the PO card and didnt use again once I knew this was going to happen.
Old 2 Jan 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DonaldDisney
Trying for More Ears

For anyone transfered to Jaja it’s worth checking your transactions if you pay via direct debit as their system incorrectly worked out due dates over Christmas and New Year and a large number of people have been incorrectly charged late payment fees.
DonaldDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So glad I didn't go with it. So many people having various problems with it!