Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
Shutting the front door behind me as we leave for the airport.
Same for me as well
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Daft Vader View Post
This is not the same for all holidays but when we went to Florida in 2017 it was seeing the Disney World sign whilst on the way to the hotel in the Magical Express. I had always wanted to go to WDW and that really made me feel ‘wow, I’m here!’.
i do remember that moment myself!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
i think for me it is the travel day. waking up at the airport having had not much sleep lol
hitting the airport and looking at the duty free getting ready to go to the gate. the flight then finding your hire car and hitting the road to your home for the next 14 days
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
i think for me it is the travel day. waking up at the airport having had not much sleep lol
hitting the airport and looking at the duty free getting ready to go to the gate. the flight then finding your hire car and hitting the road to your home for the next 14 days
Yeaahhhhh.
All that stuff! ^^^
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Also, when you get up early and the sun is just up and it’s lovely and warm and you just sit there sitting a nice drink and enjoying the sunshine.

It felt a little warm yesterday and it reminded me of that feeling.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the first night when we’ve arrived and have the first drink in hand
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Getting to the airport hotel the night before for long haul. I just love that the whole holiday is stretched out in front of you. Our holiday starts when we lock the front door, but I love being in the hotel the night before travel day.

If it’s from our local airport, then it’s once we’re at the hotel at the other end
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Leaving the house and getting in the taxi to the airport knowing there’s at least 2 weeks of fun and sun
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Leaving the house and getting in the taxi to the airport knowing there’s at least 2 weeks of fun and sun
I would dream of that! Cheapest taxi to LHR that I can find is £635 return.

Our local company is £870 return.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Same story for every Florida holiday starting on the coast before driving up to Orlando -

Waking up at stupid o'clock on that first morning, getting a coffee (with lashings of Reece's Peanut Butter creamer that we will have stocked up on the night we arrived, sloshed into it! It's a tradition!)

Strolling out of the hotel into the humid pre-dawn warmth and stepping out directly onto the white caster sugar sands. The fragrance of the plants and the sea...bliss.
Finding a chair and sitting in quiet contemplation of all the fun ahead stretching out for 2 or 3 weeks, whilst watching the pelicans dive in and out of the waves for their breakfast, and witnessing the glory of the sun rising up slowly over the sea, the ever changing sky-scape above the waves...

Yeah. Could do that again right now.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List