Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Contingency plan activated for August 21

Oh well, now resigned to the fact that we will either not be able to or not want to do the Disney parks in August. We're semi confident travel will be allowed by then so booked cancellable hotel for 4 nights in Clearwater and 3 nights Universal RPR. Still have the villa booked for 14 nights also fully cancellable so we'll just have to see. Don't want to spend all 14 nights at the villa if Disney has long queues and no fastpass - too much money vs value in our opinion.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

We’ve written Disney off too for this trip, If there is a trip.

Best part of £1600 for all 4 of us for what I would say is a watered down experience, I think Wel leave it. We’ve booked AMI and clearwater for two nights, will do Kennedy and Gatorland and Universal too. Little boy wants to visit Legoland so that maybe a possibility too. Want to have a few days out and about off the beaten track a little bit. Saw Tim Trackers video yesterday at Winter Gardens - I think that will be a definite.

In all honesty I’ve wanted to do a no Disney trip for a few years - I think this has given us the perfect excuse.
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

We're very lucky to have visited most of the parks multiple times and also other areas of Florida too. We're a bit sad because it's been almost 3 years since we were in Disney and this trip was supposed to be a "make sure the kids remember it" job as they are now 13 and 14. However, like you say, the prospect of paying all that money and shows closed, long queues etc is a thought we don't fancy. Our boys love Universal and we've never stayed onsite there, plus like you say Kennedy is amazing, Seaworld parks are also great and there's a lot of other things to do. We'll probably take in Winter Garden as well - looks fantastic!
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
If our August trip goes ahead, we’ve already decided we aren’t doing any parks. The cost with it not being a “usual” experience isn’t worth it for us. We’ll still go to Disney Springs and probably go to some of the Disney hotels to get a little fix.
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

We are staying DVC and will not be doing Disney, we might split stay at a I drive hotel for a few nights and go to Seaworld and aqatica.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve decided to give all parks a miss if we actually get there, currently booked into cabana bay but will change that to something else for the first 9nights ( maybe margaritaville resort or maybe a tour around Florida ) then I’ve booked the sandpearl at Clearwater the last 7 nights sll can be cancelled or changed up to the 2nd July so we’ve got time to decide !
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If I was booked for Florida this august, I would be snapping up some hotels along the gulf coast and either keys or panhandle. You can always cancel them for a full refund at 48 hours notice, should you either not get there or get there and opt for your original theme park plan.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
If I was booked for Florida this august, I would be snapping up some hotels along the gulf coast and either keys or panhandle. You can always cancel them for a full refund at 48 hours notice.
I'd recommend that suggestion to anybody that is booked up. On this occasion we are flying in and out of MCO so for me I don't want to drive too far this time. If I had the option to change the flights I'd probably settle for a week in the Keys and a couple of locations on the gulf. Personally I love the Marathon area of the Keys and could quite easily live there!
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

We’ve decided no Disney or Universal parks if our July 2021 trip goes ahead. Will consider the sea world, Busch gardens, Aquatica tickets as minimal cost in comparison. Will still enjoy our 2 weeks chilling out round the pool, shopping, eating, drinking feeling the sun on our faces 😎
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

Sorry for being dumb but are you changing your plans because you think the parks will simply be too busy? Is this even with the reservation system in place?