Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Well nothing on MMB resembling upgrade options.

May give BA a call tomorrow and chance my luck. No harm in trying!
Good luck with that. I am very surprised that you are unable to find it on their website. Have others had the same problem?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

I see in Manage My Booking - half way down the page a section called Choose something more leads me to the Your upgrade options. Mine is coming out at £175 per person per flight to upgrade to World Traveller Plus - that's for Jan 2022.

Maybe you only see the option if there are any premium seats available? I guess if those seats are full the upgrade option wouldn't be there or the air plane doesn't offer those type of seats?

Far too expensive for me at the moment to upgrade though!
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
I see in Manage My Booking - half way down the page a section called Choose something more leads me to the Your upgrade options. Mine is coming out at £175 per person per flight to upgrade to World Traveller Plus - that's for Jan 2022.

Maybe you only see the option if there are any premium seats available? I guess if those seats are full the upgrade option wouldn't be there or the air plane doesn't offer those type of seats?

Far too expensive for me at the moment to upgrade though!
All BA long haul aircraft offer Premium Economy (except the now long gone Club only A318 LCY-JFK Babybus). Quite a large proportion of that £175 is actually APD as it is higher for any cabin than WT. It is up to BA Revenue Management if they chose to offer upgrades.

BA 777's have a wide variety of configurations but to look at a typical layout on one of the variation of the newly refurbished aircraft there can be

252 WT Seats/48 WTP/32 Club World

so there would be limited options to upgrade from WT to WTP. There could be lots of different examples of seat numbers depending on the actual aircraft used.

Just a bit of background which might beof interest
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
All BA long haul aircraft offer Premium Economy (except the now long gone Club only A318 LCY-JFK Babybus). Quite a large proportion of that £175 is actually APD as it is higher for any cabin than WT. It is up to BA Revenue Management if they chose to offer upgrades.

BA 777's have a wide variety of configurations but to look at a typical layout on one of the variation of the newly refurbished aircraft there can be

252 WT Seats/48 WTP/32 Club World

so there would be limited options to upgrade from WT to WTP. There could be lots of different examples of seat numbers depending on the actual aircraft used.

Just a bit of background which might beof interest
APD rises sharply once you go above coach, that is for sure. It is £82 in coach and £180 in anything else for anything departing the U.K.

I started the thread and the aircraft in question is an Airbus A350 with 54 Prem economy, 227? Coach and 50 or so luxury.

I am thinking that whilst many have invested against prices skyrocketing once there is clarity, many have chosen not to book seats, upgrade the flights, book lounges etc etc. That may have helped me get what was apparently a great price at £100pp on the home leg.

Of course it must also be born in mind that only the out legs are subject to the increased APD as they are under U.K. taxation. My out leg upgrade was around £280pp!

It must also be borne in mind that a home leg from Vegas may attract a very different passenger grouping to one from Florida. I would expect more singles and couples as opposed to family groups.. maybe.

Edited at 10:43 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
APD rises sharply once you go above coach, that is for sure.

I started the thread and the aircraft in question is an Airbus A350 with 54 Prem economy, 227? Coach and 50 or so luxury.

I am thinking that whilst many have invested against prices skyrocketing once there is clarity, many have chosen not to book seats, upgrade the flights, book lounges etc etc. That may have helped me get what was apparently a great price at £100pp on the home leg.

Of course it must also be born in mind that only the out legs are subject to the increased APD as they are under U.K. taxation. My out leg upgrade was around £280pp!

It must also be borne in mind that a home leg from Vegas may attract a very different passenger grouping to one from Florida. I would expect more singles and couples as opposed to family groups.. maybe.
I used the 777 as they are the common type used for Orlando/Tampa route. There are A350's but not too many of them at the moment and have a very different cabin set up as you have pointed out cornishfrogboy. In fact the A350 made its first flight to Miami this week. The US in the past year or so have also increased their taxation on Premium cabins but I haven't looked into whteher they include WTP in this.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I used the 777 as they are the common type used for Orlando/Tampa route. There are A350's but not too many of them at the moment and have a very different cabin set up as you have pointed out cornishfrogboy. In fact the A350 made its first flight to Miami this week. The US in the past year or so have also increased their taxation on Premium cabins but I haven't looked into whteher they include WTP in this.
The quote clearly said ‘inclusive of all taxes’. I do not know if there are taxes within that number, but am content with the total hit to my credit card at £90pp average (bearing in mind that one of us is under 16 and thus exempt?).

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Old 6 Apr 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

The quote clearly said ‘inclusive of all taxes’. I do not know if there are taxes within that number, but am content with the total hit to my credit card at £90pp average (bearing in mind that one of us is under 16 and thus exempt?).
I would be more than happy with a £90pp average too.

Forgot to add on previous posts there are a limited number of 777's refurbed with Club Suites with configuration of Club56/WTP56/WT219.
Old 6 Apr 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would be more than happy with a £90pp average too.

Forgot to add on previous posts there are a limited number of 777's refurbed with Club Suites with configuration of Club56/WTP56/WT219.
£119 for the adults (if you consider that our 15 yr old is APD exempt), is even more spectacular as the APD increase alone is £98 and therefore BA are only having £21 off each of us.

As I said in my opening post, surreal... and the first time we have ever turned left on entry!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:37 PM.
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Good luck with that. I am very surprised that you are unable to find it on their website. Have others had the same problem?
Checked again just now. Still nothing there. It is a fly drive and the trans atlantic legs are with AA not BA so maybe that's part of the issue.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List