Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I usually do a bit of shoplifting in boots and WH Smiths (just chocolate for the flight not high value items).

Before anyone complains, I only ever shoplift at the airport shops
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I just comfort eat and get anxious that I've forgotten something 🙄😄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Stay the night before at Radisson Blu Manchester Airport, use Twilight Check In for hold luggage which the hotel are brilliant at helping us with. Next morning we still have to get to the terminal at least 4 hours before the flight as we have to return to check in the next morning to book our mobility scooters in.
Then through security always a nightmare with our standard hand luggage, plus the scooters, plus cpap machine, medications etc. We always get stopped and more thorough search. DH always stressed by this even though it happens everytime.
Then we have to pick up a sandwich etc for DH as he never eats the food on the plane. After we have re sorted and repacked the hand luggage, then we have to do a mad dash through the Duty Free Shop as I have a bad reaction to strong perfume smells and it is a nightmare getting through the slalom course with everyone offering perfume to you on a scooter. Having managed this if there is enough time we then try and grab a cuppa and breakfast and Frankie and Benny's although DH is usually too nervous to eat anything.
Then the struggle to board, even though we ask for assistance with our hand luggage we rarely get this help.
By the time we get on board we are usually both ready to collapse. Good job we have a long flight ahead of us to recover a bit.
On the way back same procedure except we use Disney Springs Check In and aim to have a good wash/freshen up and change of clothes at the airport before the flight home.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
ooo ilike posts like these!
we stay the night before and check in luggage as soon as possible.
have a mooch around duty free, perfumes, make up and sun glasses, then go to the lounge and chill out, with a couple of glasses and people watch until our gate is nearly called and go straight to the boards to wait in anticipation lol
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lardyboy View Post
This sound like the way DW is when we travel. She like to be there four hours before an internal flight! Still, this often means time for extra breakfast and a second pint
I realised I needed to retrain DH when he announced we’d be leaving home at midnight for an 11am departure from Gatwick , “to allow for delays on the road” . We live an hour from Gatwick !
He’s got better but we compromise by booking a lounge so I don’t moan so much about getting there too early !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Usually we have breakfast in the airport, but won't be this time. So it'll just be to boots and whsmiths for snacks and a browse in duty free before stopping to people watch and wait for our plane to be called!
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

I have fear of flying, so for me any time spent at the airport is an ordeal. Usual routine goes along the lines of: arrive (as early as poss; while I hate flying, and airports, I hate having to rush through them more). Check luggage in. Go through security. Set up camp somewhere. Try and eat something light. Have a spray of a perfume I like but will never buy as I need something nice to smell on the plane (nausea kicks in big time as we start to board), but once I've used it on the plane I'll never be able to wear it again. Read/play on my phone until its time to board. Take nausea medication. Board plane, try not to freak out. Finally relax 8+ hours later when we touch down in Florida (or wherever) - the holiday can now begin

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I usually start by having DH moaning at me about where the long stay car parking details are. They’re first in our holiday folder. I then detail where we’ve parked for our return!

Then he complains about where his boarding pass is while we check in our luggage. Apparently I take too long to struggle with all the paperwork plus my luggage!

Then he complains about what he needs out of his carry on baggage at security and stuff he needs to take off! Belt etc! Despite me telling him well before!

Then he complains I don’t have a belt etc to put back on after security and asks if I grabbed all his stuff!

Then he complains when I’m having to struggle with my hand luggage to show boarding passes to buy a bag of crisps airside!

Then he complains when I’m not ready to grab all on board luggage within 2 seconds of the boarding sign coming up to go to the gate!

Then he complains that because Ive not been able to get ipad, ear phones and stuff out of bags before boarding as I only have 2 hands to hold things, that once on board bags can’t go up in the overhead lockers within a minute!

I just get my own back on arrival as he drives for the whole holiday! Still I never complain!

Edited at 06:51 PM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I usually start by having DH moaning at me about where the long stay car parking details are. They’re first in our holiday folder. I then detail where we’ve parked for our return!

Then he complains about where his boarding pass is while we check in our luggage. Apparently I take too long to struggle with all the paperwork plus my luggage!

Then he complains about what he needs out of his carry on baggage at security and stuff he needs to take off! Belt etc! Despite me telling him well before!

Then he complains I don’t have a belt etc to put back on after security and asks if I grabbed all his stuff!

Then he complains when I’m having to struggle with my hand luggage to show boarding passes to buy a bag of crisps airside!

Then he complains when I’m not ready to grab all on board luggage within 2 seconds of the boarding sign coming up to go to the gate!

Then he complains that because Ive not been able to get ipad, ear phones and stuff out of bags before boarding as I only have 2 hands to hold things, that once on board bags can’t go up in the overhead lockers within a minute!

I just get my own back on arrival as he drives for the whole holiday! Still I never complain!
This is so funny 😂😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

We always stay the night before. Pop into the airport for snacks for the room. Breakfast in the terminal. A nice drink at the bar. A mooch and I love people watching. Also spend a fortune on crap magazines in WHSmith that I wouldn’t normally buy. I love travel days. To the point I love watching people’s travel day vlogs and reading trip reports.