Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Nice restaurants there

Be Our Guest is, alas, no longer Quick Service at lunch - it's the same Prix Fixe menu as dinner, $37 for under 10s, $62 for over 10s/adults. We've booked it for dinner (last dinner there was 2016), but will most certainly miss the QS breakfast and lunch, both of which we enjoyed in '18. Shame they've dropped them

Never done Raglan Road, as we always had the dining plan in previous visits, so went for chips at Cookes next door - without the dining plan, may pop in for a pint this August.

Edison looks cool - didn't manage it last trip, so hoping for this (even if it's just a beer/cocktail for the missus and a soft drink for daughter).

I'd echo the request for a car at Sci-Fi - just adds to the "cool". Burgers are nice there, too.

T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe at Springs won't win any awards for their food fare (not that they're bad, just nowt special), but provide a good engaging atmosphere if you've got kids along.
What...no QS? Booo! That was always the first dining plan booking we made...been a few years though.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
I've booked Jamaica, a resort called Jewel Grande, good reviews, all inclusive and plenty to do. The reason I opted for this is that I have 3 girls (9, 15 and 16) so wanted a resort style hotel. The hotels in Barbados were smaller. At the same time if it was just me and the wife Barbados would probably be more appealing.

Jamaica also as Virgin have flights going there and they have been flying them this last week even on amber.

Got to get away this year, kids are growing up and we want some quality family time!

Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan. We looked at Barbados for a similar reason in that Virgin seems to be flying from Manchester.

Your plan sounds good and well-thought out.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I really want to stay positive but its difficult.

I just keep thinking if not August, when?! This can't drag on until Summer next year can it?!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post

I just keep thinking if not August, when?! This can't drag on until Summer next year can it?!
I fear yes. If it doesn’t open by summer holidays, winter will be coming along and I don’t see much movement will happen until next year.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosie12
Earning More Ears

At the minute, it certainly feels like it might drag over to next Summer.
Rosie12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Opening borders is a massive step, so I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm viewing a holiday as a bonus if it happens, not as something I have that can be taken away.
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Opening borders is a massive step, so I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm viewing a holiday as a bonus if it happens, not as something I have that can be taken away.
A sensible take on it, I agree... can't quite get to that position in my noggin', alas...

Basically booked for '20 as soon as possible when we returned from our '18 hols, and then obviously rescheduled '20 to this year, so I've been paying for this for what seems like an eternity (and effectively paid it all off well over twelve months ago now - only Universal tickets and car rental to be paid, and money for that's sat in the bank saying "don't spend me!").

I feel somewhat "invested", and despair that each reschedule comes with a little extra cost, or a reduction in scope as the price gauging happens.

I booked all my ADRs and Savi's yesterday with a glum will it/won't it, rather than the usual childish (I don't care, I'm a big kid) excitement.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
I fear yes. If it doesn’t open by summer holidays, winter will be coming along and I don’t see much movement will happen until next year.
You see, this what I can’t get my primitive brain around. The whole adult population of the UK and US (who want and can have it) will be fully vaccinated by the end of October latest. The Government have acknowledged the vaccine is the reason hospitalisations and deaths are so low, as I’m sure new daily cases will be if the status quo continues. I honestly can’t fathom why travel wouldn’t resume until next year.
Old 8 Jun 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Apparently Jeremy Hunt said he has a holiday booked for July in Italy... was does he know?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Apparently Jeremy Hunt said he has a holiday booked for July in Italy... was does he know?
Do as I say, not as I do…

Maybe he’s got access to a private jet (see Mike Ashley’s air mileage in the last 12 months)?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List