Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 13 Jun 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi our latest favourite is the wagyu burgers, delicious and the new scotch eggs
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

It used to be a treat or the place to shop for something special or if we had visitors. Then with their really good value Meal Deals we used it a lot more. I also think their veg etc does keep fresh longer.

Now it is partnered with Ocado who we do our food shopping with and it is the only supermarket where we live that I felt was safe to go into during the pandemic. They always have someone outside keeping a check on numbers and offering a sanitised basket/trolley whereas our other 2 it is a free for all

I recently did a price comparison and actually it is similar to the big Tesco/Sainsbury/Morrisons although like Waitrose it is dearer than Asda/Lidl/Aldi.

Edited at 10:50 AM. Reason: grammar!
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

if you like m&s try cook its lush
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I just noticed I had a M&S breakfast (toast, butter, preserves all from M&S - except water (eau de Thames) and Nespresso coffee.

What better way to start a Sunday after yoga ? Breakfast on my terrace

PS even the miniature Rose is from M&S !

Edited at 11:07 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by madasahat View Post
if you like m&s try cook its lush
I love Cook! We used it a lot while we were having the kitchen done, even their micro meals taste homemade
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
brummie1984
Very Serious Dibber

I only shop there when I have food money off vouchers I could never afford a full shop without. I stock up on the ‘Taste Buds Meals’ for my son, didn’t realise they are designed for 4year olds, he is nearly 2 and loves them! 😊
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I'm not made of money so M&S is an occasional treat. I like the tubs of rocky road bites/orange mini rolls, Percy Pigs, mini Colin The Caterpillar (almost too cute to eat!), redcurrent puffs and the three cheese bloomer and chocolate shortbreads. Ooh, and the florida orange drink to wash it down with, lush.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Their plant based options are amazing! Especially the Kiev’s.
Made the mistake of having a plant pizza. Tasted like vomit. I can’t justify spending in there very often. I used to stock up on reduced things when we went in our folding camper. Spent £30 once on stuff to take with us. Called in Dartmouth food hall last week for two sandwiches and a bag of crisps. £7. Cheaper than than a cafe but a bit meh
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hmm. I’ve only ever really used M&S food as a treat place too, or the occasional ‘dine in for’ spread, but this thread is convincing me I should maybe give it another try.

In the 1990s their tuna pasta bake was an obsession of mine. Pasta shells and tuna obviously, but the sauce was a combo of a white sauce and a tomato sauce layered up. Sounds simple but try as I might I have never quite been able to replicate the flavour. I wish they would bring it back!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post

I just noticed I had a M&S breakfast (toast, butter, preserves all from M&S - except water (eau de Thames) and Nespresso coffee.

What better way to start a Sunday after yoga ? Breakfast on my terrace

PS even the miniature Rose is from M&S !
OH MF that looks so nice and so relaxedwhat a lovely way to start the day.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List