Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We have got a 3 bedroomed house booked in Hastings for the middle 2 weeks of August. Approx £2,200 IIRC.
Wow!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=rjhsteel;15008111]And unavailable for August![/QUOTE

It’s July but still on school holidays I think. Anyway, the point is I’m sure there are places out there… you just have to look, if you want or not. It’s up to you! 🤣

Edited at 04:18 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
That’s right, we break up a week later.

I’m still holding out for my august trip, although I am not sure it will happen, but I’m not cancelling as we still really want to go. We won’t holiday in the Uk, we live in south Devon so we can visit Devon and Cornwall on day trips. We will do this if we have to, we did it during half term as our french holiday was cancelled. I really want good weather, but it’s also a cultural thing too. Being on holiday in Europe or USA is so different to what it’s like in the Uk. I want my holiday to be different to what is essentially a normal day trip out. An all inclusive in Rhodes for example, bears no resemblance to any holiday I could have in the Uk.
Yes, know exactly what you mean it’s just not the same.
I keep seeing people write “ a holiday is what you make it!” which is wishful thinking as no matter what, a holiday in the U.K. is not going to be like our Spanish villa holiday last year where we spent all day in the pool, ate on the beach and walked through the markets in the evening while it was still lovely and warm.. not a chance.
Could it be as enjoyable? Possibly but it would not be the same holiday and that’s my point.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

[QUOTE=legallyblonde;15008185]
Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
And unavailable for August![/QUOTE

It’s July but still on school holidays I think. Anyway, the point is I’m sure there are places out there… you just have to look, if you want or not. It’s up to you! 🤣
It’s the week before school holidays in the south.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

I am still holding out for the August trip to Florida but it's looking less likely by the day. Plan B is some camping trips (we have a couple booked) and maybe a caravan by the coast if we can book something inexpensive.

The original plan B was a trip to Disneyland Paris and then on to Barcelona for a week on the beach.

Plan C was to book a cottage in the UK for a week (fingers crossed for good weather) but it appears that since everyone else is thinking the same, all the prices have doubled and availability is very low.

We looked at a caravan for a week on a site in Wales but the caravan that usually costs about £400 for a weekend was over 2.5k for a week in August. That's some super inflation!).

I don't mind the owners making back some profit, we'll leave it to others to book at those prices and hope that prices go back down in time for a visit in 2022 perhaps.

We will of course be looking to get back to WDW asap and to that end we are looking at a Christmas break in Florida this year and an Easter or Summer trip in 2022. Let's hope we get to one of them!

I have the feeling that we might be buying some comfy camping beds and hitting the campsites whenever the weather is nice.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Just out of interest … why are people so against holidaying in this country this year?
as an example of overpriced UK holidays- last year we decided to book a UK holiday as I was sure this year would be problematic too- we booked a week in Devon end August/beg inning of September with hoseasons, 3 bed place with a hot tub for £675, the same thing right now is being offered at £3000, eyewatering and ridiculous prices, hope to goodness people not paying this amount!
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

We’ve priced up uk cottages and caravans for this summer as a plan B and I just can’t justify the cost! It’s crazy at the moment
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
That’s right, we break up a week later.

I’m still holding out for my august trip, although I am not sure it will happen, but I’m not cancelling as we still really want to go. We won’t holiday in the Uk, we live in south Devon so we can visit Devon and Cornwall on day trips. We will do this if we have to, we did it during half term as our french holiday was cancelled. I really want good weather, but it’s also a cultural thing too. Being on holiday in Europe or USA is so different to what it’s like in the Uk. I want my holiday to be different to what is essentially a normal day trip out. An all inclusive in Rhodes for example, bears no resemblance to any holiday I could have in the Uk.
We take the kids to see Gran and Grandad who retired to Paignton, a few times a year. Last summer we went there for a few days then on to Cornwall for a few days.
We often visit them early in the summer hols and then florida later in the hols. You're right, being in Florida is not the same as being here.
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Would people really pay £1800+ for a week in the UK? I pay less than that to go abroad.
I'm optimistically thinking that surely they will open up sunny, weather dependable Europe before September and with the vaccination rates of the USA being good then why would they not open them up too.
Dear god please let me be able to go abroad as there's no way I'm vacationing in the UK with no guaranteed sunshine. Thank goodness I live in Devon, if it comes to it, we'll act as though we're on our hols and eat out every meal time and do a bit of adventure golf and sightseeing whilst trying to avoid all the grockles.
I know it's selfish but I'm desperate to go abroad, preferably Disney but I'll settle for a Greek island or Spain etc.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Im waiting until my balance is due mid July to see what happens. Booked hotels for late September as back up but cant get any decent priced flights, they are around £500 more than my August ones

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List