Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Aer Lingus cancel all Manchester US flights through 30th September

I thought this would be the case when i heard of friends having training cancelled for Aer Lingus.

They have taken the decision to postpone the New York and Orlando routes till 30th September 2021.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Well that’s me out !
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Seems a bit drastic but obviously know more than us
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Seems a bit drastic but obviously know more than us
This has been in the pipeline for over a month. I had friends due to start with them in May, they had training cancelled a week before and offered new start dates for September 15th.

Though training is 6 weeks so guessing the first couple of weeks will be operated by Irish crew.

They're going through some fairly large restructuring and high losses at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out completely and try again another time.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
This has been in the pipeline for over a month. I had friends due to start with them in May, they had training cancelled a week before and offered new start dates for September 15th.

Though training is 6 weeks so guessing the first couple of weeks will be operated by Irish crew.

They're going through some fairly large restructuring and high losses at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out completely and try again another time.
I have heard through a relative that the DUB-MCO route is cancelled 'through October'' so Sept 15 + 6 weeks would be ready for a November start. All just pencil though and subject to change. Aer Lingus are supposed to be starting Dublin to Miami in Novemeber too
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Urgh- that’s us out for 7th August then 😩
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

That's OK. Our flights there are indirect via Dublin, just means we can't come home as the direct flights are cancelled. I'll have to re-read the thread on staying out there for 6 months.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Very sad news indeed.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

If the government are brazen enough to insist on care workers to make the mandatory, then they should be brazen enough to let people travel whom are vaccinated before more job losses and bitter dissapointment for would be travelers.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

It is very sad news but at least it's putting some of us out of our misery as the chances of us getting there in July were virtually nil anyway.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List