Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Worse.

This has not been announced well by Disney. Seems more like a junior idea in its early stages that somehow made it past final checking by mistake.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It cetainly seems worse than FP+ as I'm someone who loved the advance planning. Trying to decide what restaurants we wanted to eat at over 6months before the holiday was not a chore!

FP+ was a massive benefit to us as we stayed onsite for 14 days so we always had multiple rides on the big headliners and we have never used stand by for FOP or 7DMT. I'm sad to see the back of this as it will change our holidays.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Ignoring the cost I would much rather book in advanced. Having to wake up at 7am each day on holiday to book is not a holiday. I could manage that for RoTR, but every Disney day is OTT.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stace View Post
I think they should of just kept the old fastpass plus but complemented it with the pay per ride fastpasses - would of made it much simpler for people who like to plan and people who dont?
I actually missed this response before - scrap my waffle above - just THIS is perfect for me! 😂❤️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
At least it brings back some spontaneity to your park days. I like that aspect!
I agree. I'm trying to embrace this aspect. Many of the rides we have done multiple times so it really doesn't matter if we do BTMR only once rather than multiple times. I figure we will actually just ride what we fancy on the day, maybe that will include headliners and maybe it won't. But, I'm hoping it will feel less like a military operation.

I'm ignoring the aspect of having to book your Genie+ things at 7am...that part I think will be stressful but I don't think we will do this every day. I was not looking forward to the idea of having to be on the app and booking up ROTR slots within 5 seconds and the introduction of Genie+ feels very much like a lottery.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I think I would like the new system if you could book three ride slots in advance per the old system, and if only a couple of rides were pay per ride (I get the Star Wars one and actually think I’d prefer to pay for that one to guarantee I’d get to ride it just once (we’ve yet to try it) as I don’t really get the virtual queue idea and it seems as though many people haven’t been able to get to ride it). Perhaps make it only for new rides - Remy and subsequently Tron whilst they are brand new, but not anything else.

I am someone that loved the old 3 FP+ & used to book three slots one after the other and ride all three within just over an hour (say arrive for my 7-8pm ride at 7.55pm, then ride my 8-9pm ride and then do the 9-10pm ride at 9.05pm), that way I could spend my day in another park or elsewhere and then just ‘pop in’ to do my favs. We are no longer all day park people, and so this new system doesn’t lend itself well for those of us that just want to do two or three favs as that doesn’t guarantee we will get them in quick succession.

I will use the system once (mainly because we are taking someone new this trip and want them to experience it at its best - plus after Covid we have some spare cash due to missed holidays, but ordinarily I would not pay for this on a regular basis)

I am also disappointed that there isn’t something free for onsite guests - don’t get why anyone would choose to book onsite now really - and that comes from someone that owns DVC and loves staying onsite ‘in the bubble’. Universals system is much better, but I understand that Disney have so many more hotels that it wouldn’t work to use that same process. I don’t really know what the best answer is - returning to 3 x free FP+ would be my preference but that doesn’t give Mickey his dollars!
All of the above - people will now choose to stay offsite but use money they have saved for genie plus so disney are loosing out more I will think in the end!

I am also DVC and considering selling but don't want to be too hasty!

They could of used it as a perfect opportunity to give onsite guests 3 x fastpass plus free of charge and other guests maybe just 1 x fastpass free of charge similar to the paper system, then use the pay per ride in addition to this!

Disney - I am available for consultancy work
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

I like the spontaneity of booking on the day ( but they need to remove the park pass system for this to really be an advantage ) we loved using max pass in California and wish that was coming to Disney World… yes you had to pay if you wanted to use your phone to book but it wasn’t a large amount and definitely not per attraction …. Also you could only book once inside the park so no getting up at the crack of dawn.
This new system Disney are bringing in will really make DisneyWorld for the rich only .
Your average family will save for years to get their children to DW, this could make that a futile , as once there unless you drop massive amount of more cash you cannot ride much !
It’s shameful and Walt will be spinning in his grave !
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I pay extra to stay onsite for the benefit of being able to pay extra to get rides booked at 7am for a park that I had to book a year ahead or less.

Basically I'm stuck to my phone up.early hopefully getting what I want running the risk of not getting what I want, having scheduled ADRs to fit in with the reservation window.

This is not a holiday this is utterly ridiculous.

The more I read the less I like and probably, sadly, will be taking my money to universal etc
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

Even though I'm a massive planner nerd - at least this takes the hassle of booking each ride 30 days in advance like the old Fast Pass +. I think the Gene aspect (which is free) looks good as a planning tool for your day... and then it's kinda like an app version of the old Fast Pass ticket system if you pay for Gene +

Also the other option of paying extra for the more "premium rides" like ROTR for a lightning lane option is good if you miss out on the virtual boarding group.

Trying to see the positive!
Old 20 Aug 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
There will be fewer boarding group places for ROTR, Remy etc if guests can pay to join as well, making it harder not to have pay if you want to ride 😐
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List