Grand Floridian 37 52.11%
POFQ 34 47.89%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Sep 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Can you post the link to that vlog please?
They were in a suite so not really a fair comparison, but it does give you an idea of the general condition/style of the rooms.

If you want a review of the standard room, Jen Lefforge stayed recently as well...

loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
They were in a suite so not really a fair comparison, but it does give you an idea of the general condition/style of the rooms.

If you want a review of the standard room, Jen Lefforge stayed recently as well...

Thank you! Will have a watch!
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The VGF DVC rooms are allegedly next on soft refurb and need it, the standard hotel rooms are not great either. I’ll be holding off staying at VGF full stop until the DVC rooms are done.
Have you thought about Swan and Dolphin? That’s where I would stay cash.
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies! I've just had another look and a standard view room has now become available at £1172 (£1137 if you include the Dibb discount) I wasn't really feeling the river view as I would like to be more central (even though it is a small resort)

Still unsure as to what to do though. GF is a crazy amount of money (3 times the price) and that is just for a hotel room at the end of the day. But something is drawing me to it 🙄

Edited at 10:20 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
... Still unsure as to what to do though. GF is a crazy amount of money (3 times the price) and that is just for a hotel room at the end of the day. But something is drawing me to it 🙄
Why not wait until you can stay there using your points? We've stayed as a regular guest (main building and outer buildings) and DVC and unless I wanted main building I'd book DVC over regular rooms every time.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Why not wait until you can stay there using your points? We've stayed as a regular guest (main building and outer buildings) and DVC and unless I wanted main building I'd book DVC over regular rooms every time.
I've thought about that but it's such a hard resort to get at 7 months out
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've thought about that but it's such a hard resort to get at 7 months out
I've been lucky but then that was a good few years ago and with more DVC owners demand has probably gone up considerably. I'd say if you're flexible on your next trip you could try and see if you could snag a few days.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Questions, questions.

Will you have a car?

Are you likely to enjoy much resort time (pool etc.)?

Which parks are important to you apart from MK?

Are you planning to spend much time at Disney Springs?

Are you going to want to return to your room for naps? If so, remember there's that new footpath from GF to MK.

P.S. You probably have (and I know availability is slim generally, at the moment), but have you considered Gran Destino at Colorado Springs or the Riviera? Access to the SkyLiner could be good for you, especially with pushchairs.
...Or the Four Seasons at Disney. The pool area there looks fantastic.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 09:58 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We have only stayed at POFQ and I absolutely love it. But if I could afford it I would stay at GF. Go with your gut instinct

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

I do like the GF, it has a calming vibe to it, especially in the evenings. I imagine its busier at this time of year what with the gingerbread house drawing people. That said, POFQ was our resort of choice prior to being DVC (and having a 3rd child). Its fairly compact so you're never too far from the food court etc and there's the boat links to Disney Springs. As others mention, you're split staying at an MK resort so with the savings in mind also, id swing for French Quarter. But that's just me
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List