Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
This is a form you need to print out and sign? There is no option of e signing it and it's done?
Hi AS, from reading the form/questions I believed it had to be printed and signed, but per Mike's post, if completion/digitally signed via VeriFLY is airline acceptable it's far smoother, but if in any doubt carrying a hard copy too is good. It'll likely be clearer once Dibbers begin flying and report back
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Posted the PASSENGER DISCLOSURE & ATTESTATION TO THE USA pdf HERE.

As the form appears to be correct I'll online complete, print and sign to present at the airport as it may help to reduce queuing time. Form is necessary for all, including a parent completing for children aged 2 to 17.

For those heading off soon, have a smashing time
Hi Chris - thanks for the heads up.

Just to confirm, this form needs printed and filled in for every passenger travelling over the age of 2?
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steph206 View Post
Hi Chris - thanks for the heads up.

Just to confirm, this form needs printed and filled in for every passenger travelling over the age of 2?
Hiya Steph, yes, parents to complete for those aged atween 2 and 17 according to the blurb and handed to the airline, I'm guessing, at the same time as your vax info is checked. Luckily it's only two questions and a signature/date, but it's one piece of paper pp less if VS accept the form digitally via VeriFLY.

Take good care Steph
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Hiya Steph, yes, parents to complete for those aged atween 2 and 17 according to the blurb and handed to the airline, I'm guessing, at the same time as your vax info is checked. Luckily it's only two questions and a signature/date, but it's one piece of paper pp less if VS accept the form digitally via VeriFLY.

Take good care Steph
Thank you very much. Same to you, stay safe.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
VeriFLY gives you a sort of checklist to complete, and one of the steps is to read the attestation and ‘digitally agree’ to it. The US leave all covid verification to the airlines, the border agents don’t get involved, so if the airline accepts VeriFLY that’s good enough for them.
Hi Mike, I'm guessing you've successfully used VeriFLY? Unfortunately, upon research reviews are not good, plus a friend advised he's spent an hour trying to resolve installation problems and is removing the app. One reviewer stated:

American Airlines email recommended this app. Now I can't check in online. Called AA and the worthless CSR Rep said I may not be able to board flight without Verifly confirmation which never arrived.

Mike, would you be so kind as to advise your experience, thanks
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hi Mike, I'm guessing you've successfully used VeriFLY? Unfortunately, upon research reviews are not good, plus a friend advised he's spent an hour trying to resolve installation problems and is removing the app. One reviewer stated:

American Airlines email recommended this app. Now I can't check in online. Called AA and the worthless CSR Rep said I may not be able to board flight without Verifly confirmation which never arrived.

Mike, would you be so kind as to advise your experience, thanks
Sure...

Yes I used it, in both directions from the UK to the US and back, in late July/mid August, with AA and BA, and I didn't really have any problems, technical or otherwise, the app worked as it should have on my device. From memory you have to sign up for an account and upload a photo, create a 'trip' and then populate it with all the details/work through the checklist and upload bits and bobs. When you've done everything, it gives you a big green tick over your face to show to people.

To address what your friend said...VeriFLY has nothing to do with check-in status, it's completely standalone, for the covid stuff only, so if they can't check in online for a flight, that's an unrelated issue. Some of the airlines have had a blanket block on their online check-ins for a while. Given all the extra checks that are going on, I guess they've decided it's simpler to just remove that feature for now, BA were certainly doing this in August.

Secondly, the AA rep is talking nonsense, no one 'needs' VeriFLY confirmation to fly, it's simply supposed to make both your and airline staff's life easier and let you flash an app with your picture and a green tick at them instead of having to stand at a counter for 10 minutes riflling through test documents, attestations, manually checking dates and details etc. However, if you don't want to use it and want to show up with all the paper versions, then that's fine, they just need to spend the time and go through all that.

Unfortunately as with most things, it's probably going to vary based on who you happen to get on the day and how clued up they are, I don't doubt people will have had problems - these processes are all relatively new to ground staff.

As travel picks up I hope its use becomes widespread and well known, because in Boston I waited no exaggeration about 15-20 minutes for the family of five in front of me at the check-in desk to be done, since all 5 of them were getting manually checked with stacks of paperwork. I finally then walked up and was there all of about 90 seconds. Here's my passport, here's my VeriFLY, here's my bag, thanks, goodbye. This was for a flight at about a quarter or less full, so no big deal, I had the time to wait, but when these flights are running at capacity I just don't see manual checks scaling well!

Edited at 05:51 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

What’s this mean then with this certification? Can you just do an NHS free test and that is job done?
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
What’s this mean then with this certification? Can you just do an NHS free test and that is job done?
No, on the testing step of the checklist you have to upload a copy of your private test certificate.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Just downloaded Verifly to get ahead of the game.

It does not have an option for MCO as destination airport. epic fail.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Does this verifly work with BA?