Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Aug 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

July 2020 - tell me about florida in july

So we did a crazy thing last night and booked flights with virgin to go to florida next july - never been in the summer - so looking for tips, advice

We will be going to the start of the scottish summer holidays - wont be doing disney but more exploring of orlando and possibly universal
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
It will be very hot with rain most afternoons for a brief period. It will be very busy as the US kids holidays are the same time as the Scottish holidays.

The advantage is that the days are long during the summer. Universal will be mobbed and if I was in your position I would add a night at a premium Universal hotel to get front of line passes.

One thing I would say is that if you are doing a water park never do it at the weekend. Its when the locals go.

Above all you will enjoy it despite the heat, rain and crowds! They are all manageable.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Thank you - we are thinking of maybe taking a week at the beach - still have this years trip to do so just ideas at the moment
Yes i did think it would be super hot and very busy - we have done august before so i assume very much a like that month

thank you for your kind reply
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by vitfa View Post
Thank you - we are thinking of maybe taking a week at the beach - still have this years trip to do so just ideas at the moment
Yes i did think it would be super hot and very busy - we have done august before so i assume very much a like that month

thank you for your kind reply
Depends on when in August. If it was late August when the US kids are back then July will far busier than August. If early then just the same.

Coast is great.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Regarding the weather, to quote Adrian Cronauer (Robin Williams) in Good Morning Vietnam: "It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot!"
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I found July weather the same as August. We had less rain but that may have been a lucky year. I did find crowds heavier than the last two weeks in August but absolutely nothing like Easter and of course even more nothing like Christmas week which is bonkers. With hitting rope drop lots of the days and having good plans and use of FPP (especially tap and grab) I didn’t find July any harder for queues than August TBH. There were Brazilian (I think) teen tour groups that did mess up a day for us at AK. I’d park hop if I ran into them again. Three massive ones in the park on the same day and they toured in large packs so could really mess up wait times. They were also rope droppers!
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We go July - August
Weather is more or less similar- hot and humid!
It can be varied with the rain- we had a good 11 days at Disney but when we were at universal it rained more!
We find getting to parks early - leaving at midday and then returning at night works best for us!
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Rule 1 in July - if you don't need the bathroom, you aren't drinking enough. Personally, I believe dpmcalister is understating things a tad.
It's typical sub-tropical weather. Dry but humid mornings, early to mid-afternoon storms, brief ones most of the time.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Very busy, very hot and can be very wet if unlucky!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

As a teacher I go at this time every year!
Weather is hot and humid. Usually dry till lunch then the afternoon thunderstorms roll in. Can be wet for a few minutes or a few hours! Doesn’t spoil things though - ponchos on and carry on.

The days surrounding July 4th are very busy. Plan your days and they are manageable though.
Air conditioning is your friend in July!