Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Berlin - couples trip

Hi
Myself and husband are thinking of doing a trip in april or may for 3 nights to berlin
Just the two of us.

Looking for any who can recommended restaurants, cafe for lunches and dinner

And any must see tips and another general information

I have started to read the trippies that people have done

Thanks
Lynsey
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Olliesmommy
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi there, myself and DH spent 3 days in Berlin last year in oct, was wonderful.
We visited Brandenburg gate, checkpoint Charlie and did a reichstag tour, you need to book this online in advance. Holocaust memorial is another must.
We also took a tour around Berlin driving an old Trabart car, was great fun and a brill way to see the city- would highly recommend.
There’s a fantastic dept store called KaDeWi which is worth a visit for its food hall alone even if you are not into shopping.
Food wise we ate locally and had typical street kebabs from the corner shops and of course Currywürst.

We ended up in this amazing cocktail bar one night, it’s under the railway bridge, a metal door hidden away with no name or signage, entry fee was €15 but was worth it. Think it’s called green door.

Enjoy, would love to go back again.
Olliesmommy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I went last Nov/Dec with my mum and sister, we had such a great time.
We stayed in the Westin Grand which is just up the road from the Brandenburg Gate and actually very central to most things. Berlin is a very walkable city!
We went primarily for the Christmas markets but did so much more. I can highly recommend doing a free walking tour with Sandeman’s. We wouldn’t have seen or found out about half the sites had it not been for our excellent tour guide Chris. You do need to prebook but is totally free apart from if you want to tip at the end.
Chris was so good we actually booked to go to Sachenhausen concentration camp the next day with him and a small group which is about 40 mins out of Berlin on the train, very easy to get to. It was so informative and something we are all very pleased we did.
We also did the Reichstag tour, again it’s free but you need to book online before as it gets booked up quickly. I seem to remember us needing our passports or driving licences for ID.
Food wise we had a great meal in Maximilian’s, an authentic Bavarian restaurant where I had the biggest Bratwurst I’ve ever seen!
I did a trip report which can be found in my Signature below

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List