Notices

Old 25 May 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like your trip is going to be awesome, 7 nights at RPR, plus the waldorf astoria and the 9 nights at Disney. It's going to be an epic trip .

I kind of feel in limbo still...if I'm really honest I can't see our trip this summer going ahead , but on the other hand I haven't cancelled yet as It seems ridiculous that we will have lost 2 summers of trips ...I'm disappointed about not having free dining offers for next year ...do I want to stay onsite without free dining? heck no, but then again...

So, I'm somewhat undecided

If our trip does go ahead this summer and I get my wdw fix, then I'm thinking of a Cali adventure next year, but if this summer doesn't happen then the lure of wdw will be strong and I can't see me wanting to go anywhere else . Aaahhh I'm all of a quandary and not sure what will end up happening.
Seriously Abby, I am so looking forward to next year I might actually burst! However as we haven’t been back to the US since December 2019 I think we deserve an epic holiday!

I feel quietly confident that trips will go ahead to the US this summer. The vaccination process has gone incredibly well and I think that the slower reopening will give everyone time to work out the logistics of international travel. Plus you have to go so I can live vicariously through your awesome trip report!

We had a trip booked for California and Las Vegas in December 2018 but we bought a new house instead so postponed. I think it is amazing that you have that trip up your sleeve just in case. Always planning

If we didn’t have our new furball Milo (he turned 1 recently) then we would just be waiting it out for our summer in Orlando. I really do feel hopeful for everyone that has trips planned for this summer. Hopefully it won’t be long til you get proper confirmation. Xxx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A quick update, have just rebooked Club Level at RPR for 7 nights - yay!

This means we are totally available for cocktails/wine Kat, Abby and Alicia.

These plans are so exciting Michelle! I love the look of the Naples hotel and the Waldorf Astoria, in fact I think Jim said that's one of his favourite golf courses in Orlando . Also Club Level at RPR will be amazing, I've still not stayed onsite at Universal, must remedy that one day!

So what are your dates for while you are in Orlando? We will be there from the 20th-27th August, we must meet for cocktails! It could be my unofficial hen night

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Omg it looks lovely in the club lounge, it’s changed from 2016 when we were there last. Are those cocktails available in there? I imagine not as they look too good! 😂

What dates are you going now? I’ve been pricing for next year too and would definitely look to be booking RPR.

We originally had POP booked for this year after having FQ cancelled in 2020 then swapped to CSR tower when the free nights offer came up as it was better value but POP looks really nice!

We are hoping to still get there this year and will be on that plane if the US goes green and Joe lets us in!

For the first time today I’ve been pricing up a regular Spanish holiday just in case but I’m not really feeling the love to be honest.

Your new trip sounds fab, we might do NY separately next year to Orlando and hopefully use up our virgin points if it’s a no go this year?

Kat
We are the same as you Kat, I will be on that plane if it is at all possible!

I priced up a week in Portugal as a back up and instantly weeped at how much it would cost us

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like your trip is going to be awesome, 7 nights at RPR, plus the waldorf astoria and the 9 nights at Disney. It's going to be an epic trip .

I kind of feel in limbo still...if I'm really honest I can't see our trip this summer going ahead , but on the other hand I haven't cancelled yet as It seems ridiculous that we will have lost 2 summers of trips ...I'm disappointed about not having free dining offers for next year ...do I want to stay onsite without free dining? heck no, but then again...

So, I'm somewhat undecided

If our trip does go ahead this summer and I get my wdw fix, then I'm thinking of a Cali adventure next year, but if this summer doesn't happen then the lure of wdw will be strong and I can't see me wanting to go anywhere else . Aaahhh I'm all of a quandary and not sure what will end up happening.
Ooh California would be amazing Abby, you know how much I love it there
However if you don't get your Florida fix this year then I think the pull will be too strong! I haven't really followed the lack of free dining fiasco this year but from what I've read it doesn't seem like the discount is worth anywhere near as much which sucks. You could always try a villa for a week to see if it converts you

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 30 May 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
These plans are so exciting Michelle! I love the look of the Naples hotel and the Waldorf Astoria, in fact I think Jim said that's one of his favourite golf courses in Orlando . Also Club Level at RPR will be amazing, I've still not stayed onsite at Universal, must remedy that one day!

So what are your dates for while you are in Orlando? We will be there from the 20th-27th August, we must meet for cocktails! It could be my unofficial hen night
Ooohhhh so exciting! We will be at the Waldorf until the 22nd then we are at Disney until the 31st and I absolutely can’t wait to catch up for cocktails! Jim is welcome to meet up with Adam for golf, it looks a bit fancier than the course Adam used to play at home- it had kangaroos and koalas and giant lizards! 😱 Cooper will probably just go to the driving range and save his legs. 😂

Staying onsite at Universal is just so relaxing, you can walk to the parks and the FOLP are worth their weight in gold. Whilst I love Disney the boys love the rides at Universal.

I have found a few ideas for theming on Pinterest 😉😂 I think matching T-shirts are the way to go! Obviously we will all need to meet up this year to have a ‘unofficial hen night planning meeting’ to organise the finer details. 👰🏼🍾🥂🥳

Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
So a very quick update 😊 we had booked D.C. for a non-dolphin swim for 2020 that we postponed til 2021. I got in touch with Florida Tix this week and they were wonderful- we were able to postpone again until August 2022 with no extra fees/costs. The tickets were actually from a Black Friday deal, so I was prepared to have to pay more. I also found out that we have Seaworld and Aquatica as part of our ticket package- I booked it so long ago that I had completely forgotten. 😳😂 the boys are pleased as they really love the rollercoasters at Seaworld and the fast lazy river at Aquatica.

I have also been keeping my eyes peeled for any updates on POFQ opening, I would happily move from Pop if there is availability. There really isn’t much else to do now other than watch as many YouTube videos of food reports as we can find! 😆
Old 9 Jul 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Woohooo! I have just managed to change my POP Resort reservation to Port Orleans French Quarter. I am completely thrilled and now just can’t wait to get there!
Old 29 Jul 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

yay sounds amazing, following along with this fabulous trip

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Another milestone passed we have finally reached re-booking day for our flights. 🥳

Adam called Virgin and they popped him through to the Flying Club and he was able to book our outbound points flights for August 2022! We are now flying MAN to MCO direct and hopefully in a couple of weeks (once it is available) we will be able to upgrade to Premium Economy. I know it’s a long way off and currently no one really knows what is happening but it feels good to know that we have our flights!

Edited at 09:56 AM.
Old 6 Oct 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Two updates! We have managed to book our return points flights with Virgin today. We are flying direct on Premium Economy home which means 2 pieces of luggage each on the way home! 🥳 so happy

Also we have booked a Birthday Dinner at Bull and Bear for Cooper’s 15th Birthday. I am super excited for this and I am not sure how I am going to choose what to have, although the chicken looks amazing, as does the lemon dessert!

Only car hire to book now!