Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Tui premium

Has anyone flown tui premium and if so how much would you expect to pay for it for a September flight? Is it worth it? Very different to economy? And what are the lounges like? It will be me and my 3 children age 3, 12 and 13. The reason I'm looking is because due to the way the seats are layed out I would have to sit seperate to my children where as in premium it appears there's rows of 2 seats

Edited at 08:32 AM.
keely21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in September 2019 for 4 adults and paid about £3600. We sat in 2 front and 2 behind. We loved the space and being spoiled and the cabin was so quiet. The lounge at Sanford wasn’t great and we flew out from East Midlands whose lounge was ok but nothing special but it may be different in larger airports. I would definitely fly Tui premium again.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Has anyone flown tui premium and if so how much would you expect to pay for it for a September flight? Is it worth it? Very different to economy? And what are the lounges like? It will be me and my 3 children age 3, 12 and 13. The reason I'm looking is because due to the way the seats are layed out I would have to sit seperate to my children where as in premium it appears there's rows of 2 seats
We absolutely love Tui premium, the Dreamliner seats are far more spacious than the other airlines and if people recline it doesn't come back into your space. It's much better than Virgin PE.
I am not a fan of airport lounges really and the one at Sanford is very tight with it's "freebies" but when pricing up remember to include your free breakfast on this side.
I could not begin to guess about the cost of fares this year, I don't think we have ever paid the same price twice in a the years we have been travelling.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Just checked and its an extra £250 each. So nearly a thousand more. Would you pay that? Do they do any sales for premium
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jane23
Trying for More Ears

We flew TUI Premium from Gatwick in August 2019. We loved it and have just booked it again for 2022, however flying from Bristol this time. The seats were very spacious and it was a really comfortable flight, we had the back row on the right seats of two and were first off the plane which was very handy! We booked as a package but I believe paid around £550 for the upgrade for both of us, that was booking fairly last minute however.

The lounge at Gatwick was fine - quite busy and noisy but the breakfast was good. As an above poster said the lounge at Sandford was not the best, I seem to remember it was limited in terms of snacks etc but that wasn’t really an issue for us.
Jane23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i prefer TUI premium to Virgin but i always weigh up the cost. Im not sure i would pay £900 for any PE.
I paid £580 for TUI premium from Bristol (last minute deal) and got Virgin for £600 in the sale this year.
Old 17 Mar 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

The biggest downside of TUI Premium is that you can't see which seats are available until you commit (pay) to it.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

I paid an extra £1200 for 3 of us there and back this september TUI premium
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have already paid for extra legroom seats for the 2 of us and to upgrade to premium as another £516 for the 2 of us. Not sure what we gain with that apart from the increased luggage allowance and also being in a row of 2 and not having to sit with a stranger!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
TUI premium is great .
Last year we paid £3600 for four adults and 1 child for return flights , I checked in prices every day for over a month until I reached a price i was happy with because as well as flight prices changing so does the premium upgrade price .
Also depending on how many travellers I would phone a store to book as they can do dummy runs of larger group so can give you an idea of seats available as you can’t actually book your seats until you’ve paid and most wouldn’t want to be split up if only odd seats are left , or maybe they would
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List