Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

2022 Dilemma

Our son will be in year 11 from September and we are wanting to go for 4 weeks next august to make up form 2020 and 2021 but with uncertainty of what is happening with education, makes it hard to commit to anything.

Are there anyone in the same predicament?
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes. My daughter goes into year 11 this year. We are booked for the last 2 weeks of august 2022 and will deal with it when it happens. My daughter isn't bothered about being home to collect her results and we will talk to the school beforehand about how to collect the results. She will be going to 6th form and they have the interview in the March time. If dates change, then we will deal with that when it happens.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yep same here. I would prefer my son to be here when it’s results day, but don’t know when that will be. Been brought forward this year. We would like to go for 3 weeks but don’t know if can fit it in. Daughter is younger and don’t really want to take her out of school.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

I'd check though - for smost 6 forms you have to go register on the day the results come out. IE Actually physically go there and sign up. it's not automatically allocated like secondary places, plus you may have several conditional offers you have accepted (ie you can accept more than one) and need to go to the one you want.

we had to move our holiday this year as our DD is in year 11 and the results come out on August 12th - which is early this year.
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

to be safe - go early last week july maybe?
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I spoke with my daughters head of year this morning about this.

She’s advised that it is no problem being away for results day, and that before they sit their exams they are given a form where they can decide how the collect their results, so either by email, post or collected by someone else.

She also said that they have 6th form interviews from Jan onwards, and there would only be an issue about getting in should my dd not get her predicted grades (which she assures me she isn’t worried about happening) She said that if that was the case then as long as they know where away and we’re back by the start of term it wouldn’t cause any issues. Obviously every school
Is different but it’s reassuring to know there won’t be any issues. She also said after this year they might go to completely online only anyway.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

That's good, you're free to go! YAY!
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
barcn
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We had planned going late June 2022 once GSCE exams had finished but now wondering whether the usual Exam period of May and June will be later to allow more catch up time?
barcn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Our DD had her results posted to her Grandparents home and she phoned them from Animal Kingdom to find out how she had done.
Old 26 Apr 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Miles52
First POST

Originally Posted by barcn View Post
We had planned going late June 2022 once GSCE exams had finished but now wondering whether the usual Exam period of May and June will be later to allow more catch up time?
This is exactly our dilemma! Wanted to go in June 2022 but really not sure about how the GCSEs will be held next year and also their prom! That's usually the first week in July, but again not sure that will even be happening. I would like to think it will be so I'm contemplating later in July, but then it will be too hot and too busy! Arghhhh! So difficult to know what to do for the best. We haven't been for about 7 years so it's super exciting to be planning again, but with all the uncertainty it's not as easy as last time that's for sure! Lol!
Miles52 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List