Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
spookey
I want to go now!

August 2022 - TUI or book independently

As per the title, looking to book for late Aug 2022.
what are folks thinking, book a package via TUI or book direct with Disney and hope I get get flights for a decent price in a few months time?

what are dibbers doing?
spookey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

I’ve booked directly with Disney and will be booking flights in the Autumn (hopefully... it will depend on cost!). I am finding the package prices very expensive at the moment so hope this will be the most cost effective way!
Old 7 Jun 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

I am in 2 minds about a package or going DIY. Should be out in August this year celebrating 2 21st birthdays but that obviously was a non starter.

Still aiming to go still in their 21st "year" as they become teenagers (13) at WDW, turned 18 at WDW/Universal and wanted their 21st there too. Flippin' rona

The hotel we wanted (POFQ) isn't available yet so we are going to wait a while, but TUI's move to Melbourne has sort of put us off them, and now Aer Lingus are flying from Manchester I am hoping for a wee bit of a price war with Virgin, in my favour of course.

Interested on what others are doing.

xxx

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Tui everytime for us now,let down badly in 2019 with another operator,it was a very stressful time.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cliftonite View Post
I am in 2 minds about a package or going DIY. Should be out in August this year celebrating 2 21st birthdays but that obviously was a non starter.

Still aiming to go still in their 21st "year" as they become teenagers (13) at WDW, turned 18 at WDW/Universal and wanted their 21st there too. Flippin' rona

The hotel we wanted (POFQ) isn't available yet so we are going to wait a while, but TUI's move to Melbourne has sort of put us off them, and now Aer Lingus are flying from Manchester I am hoping for a wee bit of a price war with Virgin, in my favour of course.

Interested on what others are doing.

xxx
We have booked CBR awaiting the release of FQ but wanted to get the free dining credit.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakebullet
Earning My Ears

We've booked the Disney hotel and villa for October 22, I'm keeping an eye on Virgin and Tui flight prices but they don't seem to have budged so I'm sure we'll wait until they're all on sale. Need to do car hire too, I was apprehensive about doing it DIY but as long as you do your research I'm sure it'll be fine
Jakebullet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

I always book separate. I find that it's much cheaper that way. I get all the perks off everyone. I always book with credit card. However some people might not be able to pay for flights directly upfront or choose to pay a bit at a time. So I think this depends on choice and individual preference.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

For any other " abroad holiday " I've always like to book via a travel agent. However for our Disney/ Florida holidays I've done DIY. I think having so much advice and tips on hand via Dibb experts made me confident. If there was anything I was unsure about I'd pop a question on here and get lots of answers / recommendation.
So DIY for us
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We booked TUI flying from Bristol on 20th august but staying at universal, we got a good price as booked in January and the Bristol flights were a great option as we live in South Wales so it suited us

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We had a package booked with tui for 20th aug but moved it a few months ago to the 17th as a fly drive option as we have a few independent hotels booked so seemed silly paying for 2 hotels on several occasions. Will be flying from Bristol too as we are southwest
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List