Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Can I send a letter before action to a credit card company too?

Morning Dibbers!

I know there are some exceptionally experienced people in the field, I remember seeing in this thread many success stories with poor companies!

Long story short, I bought a drinks package for a cruise for next year from Miami and Royal Caribbean charged me 6 times for it.

They refunded 2 of them so I am owed the value of this package another 3 times.

American Express have been less than useless and after raising a chargeback 3 times have found in Royal’s favour each time! They find the charges ‘reasonable’

I’m at the stage now when I want to take legal action and raise a money claim online. My question is, can I add AMEX into my money claim online, or is my dispute just with Royal?

I haven’t gone down the S75 route with AMEX because of the timescales for getting them resolved, I am owed over £2400 and need it back quickly!
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
All Amex did was pay money which as far as it was concerned you authorised RCI to take. They have done nothing wrong.

Your complaint is against RCI. Having dealt with RCI on a number of occasions their ability to resolve any dispute is absolutely rubbish. They claim to never have any managers workings and all staff you ever talk to are working from home and not connected easily to other staff.

I am presuming that although you have paid for now 4 packages only one is showing on the account?
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought the whole point of going through your credit card was not because the credit company did anything wrong but because you couldn’t resolve with the seller and had not received the service/goods you’d paid for.

Shocking on Royals part though, I’d take it as high as possible.

Have you tried emailing right to the top?

What about tweeting someone like Michael Bayley?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Wow that's terrible !

What about contacting a consumer Watchdog type TV programme ? Its quite a mistake and would make a good story for them to cover !

I'd be asking for some interest on that money outstanding plus something for my stress levels too.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I thought the whole point of going through your credit card was not because the credit company did anything wrong but because you couldn’t resolve with the seller and had not received the service/goods you’d paid for.

Shocking on Royals part though, I’d take it as high as possible.

Have you tried emailing right to the top?

What about tweeting someone like Michael Bayley?
True but the OP said they didn't want to go down the S75 route. I would be personally as I know just how slow RCI are. The problem is getting anyone to own the problem from them on your behalf. Time spent sorting a customers issues is time away from selling other customers things that they get commission on or at the least appraised for.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Royal have said they have no record of the transactions!
American Express say they find the charges ‘reasonable’ based on what Royal have told them.

I was looking at a S75 but I honestly don’t even think AMEX are looking at these disputes properly and it’s the time, it’s already been ongoing 6 weeks . I can’t see how being charged 6 times for 1 thing can even be seen as ‘reasonable’ AMEX’s words! Which of why I was wondering if I could put both in the small claims as Amex really are being zero help in getting my money back when really, the only place I can even see these transactions are on my AMEX cos RC have no record of them apparently!

I have sent a complaint to Royal but nothing back! Great suggestions here!

Edited at 09:43 AM.
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
Royal have said they have no record of the transactions!
American Express say they find the charges ‘reasonable’ based on what Royal have told them.

I was looking at a S75 but I honestly don’t even think AMEX are looking at these disputes properly and it’s the time, it’s already been ongoing 6 weeks . I can’t see how being charged 6 times for 1 thing can even be seen as ‘reasonable’ AMEX’s words! Which of why I was wondering if I could put both in the small claims as Amex really are being zero help in getting my money back when really, the only place I can even see these transactions are on my AMEX cos RC have no record of them apparently!

I have sent a complaint to Royal but nothing back! Great suggestions here!
It does sound like Amex are part of the problem.

I’d complain officially to Amex, have you tried that?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
It does sound like Amex are part of the problem.

I’d complain officially to Amex, have you tried that?
AMEX have definitely been part of the problem. I’ve been told that the dispute hasn’t been raised properly, they will do it right. Promised callbacks that didn’t happen, every time I call about the issue I have to explain the situation every time, they all tell me they have made comprehensive notes but there are no notes. I expect better from them.

No, I am at the point where I am about to complain though. I like to give everyone a chance but this has gone on too long. They have asked me to write a written statement to the dispute resolution as each transactions is a different dispute and can get looked at by different people not as 1 singular dispute, but they will be getting a complaints letter - in just getting the run around and each times it’s raised it gets credited then debited and disputes have been raised against transactions they shouldn’t have been so I’ve no idea where I am. It’s a total mess!
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Sounds like people working from home in amex. Not doing their jobs properly. We have found this with various companies from hotpoint Barclays and British gas even the local city council.
At home there is no motivation for some people resolving issues.
Take a name of in future and mention them in an email to head office. Normally works.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

How quickly would you expect a money claim to be resolved ?

You need to give two weeks notice before lodging the claim and then they have 2 weeks to respond and I think that the current wait for a hearing is 7 months (I may be wrong). After that enforcement against with either Amex or RCI will be a nightmare.
I think that the S75 route would be quicker.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List