UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Jul 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Parking in airport parking for London stay?

Hi guys
Has anyone parked in Gatwick or Heathrow parking (and maybe premier inn) and then took public transport to stay in London? We will be driving to London and a lot of hotels do not have onsite parking or if they do itís off site parking, we donít mind the rain or underground to get around while we are there

2008 we first visited as a family of 4, I fell in love and our return was booked for 2010 and then 2017 and 2018.

August 2020 has now been changed to August 2021 dam you Covo19
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Did it a few times in my last job, parked at Heathrow from Sun-Fri and got underground or Heathrow Express into London - always worked fine for me.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes on average we do this once a month

We use the premier inn on bath road.

Catch the bus outside to the T3 bus station / underground

And get on the Underground there into London , very simple, will be doing it again in two weeks . Takes about 40 minutes to get into central London .

Gatwick is too far out though IMO to do it over a weekend

( just to add there is no free bus zone around Heathrow anymore
It stopped in June , but it doesnít cost much to get the bus too/ from the Premier Inn )

At night we do the reverse , train to Heathrow then bus to Bath Road , doesnít quite stop outside on the return journey but itís less than a 5 min walk .. We ( my daughter and I ) have walked it many times late at night and itís been absolutely fine .
LA 2015. 2016.2017.2018.2019
Vegas 2004.06.11.12.13.14.15,16.17.18.19
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

would not stay at gatwick its too far out. Is there a reason you are thinking about heathrow rather then possibly other hotels near a main line station. The tube from heathrow to central london can be an hour and thats before you get to the tube.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

So you want to leave your car at Heathrow while you stay in london overnight? Or stay at a hotel at the airport ?
Sounds abit if a faff, it may also be cheaper depending on how many nights to just pay for offsite parking in london. Some are Ďreasonableí
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

You could stay somewhere like Watford, and take the mainline train to Euston (less than 30 mins), or the underground (metropolitan line). Itís also only a few miles from Harry Potter studios (youíll need to prebook that for sure). The cheapest way to buy tickets would be to use a contactless bank card at the barrier, or an Oyster card.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List