Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney Genie Youtube Videos Receive Dislikes

The announcement of Disney Genie has generated a great deal of discussion amongst Disney Park Fans with many showing their dislike of the new service by clicking the Dislike button on Disney Parks Disney Genie videos.

These look to be the most disliked videos on the DisneyParks youtube channel.

Many fans are voicing their dislike for the additional charges for the Disney Genie+ service but just as many are voicing their dislike for loss of advanced planning.

With FastPass you could plan your whole day in the park before you even arrived on Disney property, now if you are using the Disney Genie+ service you can only make your first attraction "lightning Lane" booking at 7am on the day of your park visit.

Originally when the FastPass system was introduced you could only hold one fast pass at at a time and you could only get these from Machines located at the specific attractions. Ignoring the cost element, Disney Genie+ is effectively going back to the old system albeit in a more convenient form.

Ignoring the cost element, if you are someone that would use Disney Genie+ do you feel having to plan your rides and attractions on the day you visit the park better or worse than the old system of advanced FastPass planning?

Edited at 08:28 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We really liked being able to plan in advance, it's definitely going to be different.

Watching one of the Disney videos the guy said that at WDW you can book from 7am, then when asked about resort perks he said resort guests can book early, from 7am? The video was awful, lots of talking but they really didn't say anything.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

At least it brings back some spontaneity to your park days. I like that aspect!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Am I missing something here - new disney genie promoting the fact you don't need to plan your days in advance etc, yet they still have the disney park pass system in place where you have to reserve a pass for a particular park months in advance?

I think they should of just kept the old fastpass plus but complemented it with the pay per ride fastpasses - would of made it much simpler for people who like to plan and people who dont?
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Planning is half the fun of a Florida holiday 😆
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t like it. Whenever I have stayed on-site at Disney, I have gone armed with my 14 days of fastpasses and ADRs made to suit us. There is comfort in knowing what you are paying a lot of money for before you go.

I will likely only have one more Disney trip in my life, I am lucky that I have had probably 30 trips , and there is still magic to be had, but I am a planner, consider myself to be very organised in every aspect of my life, and getting online to book one FastPass which could be at 2 pm ( and paying 15 dollars for the privilege ) doesn’t sit well with me. What if it doesn’t fit round my ADR?

I have promised my granddaughter to take her when she is 5 in 2023, and we will do whatever we need to give her the magic, but I just hope it’s not a disappointment.

Might work well for those who don’t mind winging it, guess we have time to see how it works out before we book our 2023 trip in April.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Absolutely hate it ,I love the planning and now instead of being stressed for one day ,60 days out on fast pass day,I shall be stressed every single morning at 7am whilst on holiday .it’s Pants

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Can’t se myself ever paying for a ride after paying nearly £2000 in tickets for 4 of us, I’ll take my chances on the day and if I can’t get on anything good, it’ll be my right to moan to anyone who will listen how much of a rip off Disney World now is lol.

I actually thought the Disney ticket was good value until this announcement.

Being up at 7am every Morning to book rides is quite crap as well, makes me phoning V&A in America at exactly 180 days out to book that seem almost fun.

Edited at 10:36 AM.
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I think I would like the new system if you could book three ride slots in advance per the old system, and if only a couple of rides were pay per ride (I get the Star Wars one and actually think I’d prefer to pay for that one to guarantee I’d get to ride it just once (we’ve yet to try it) as I don’t really get the virtual queue idea and it seems as though many people haven’t been able to get to ride it). Perhaps make it only for new rides - Remy and subsequently Tron whilst they are brand new, but not anything else.

I am someone that loved the old 3 FP+ & used to book three slots one after the other and ride all three within just over an hour (say arrive for my 7-8pm ride at 7.55pm, then ride my 8-9pm ride and then do the 9-10pm ride at 9.05pm), that way I could spend my day in another park or elsewhere and then just ‘pop in’ to do my favs. We are no longer all day park people, and so this new system doesn’t lend itself well for those of us that just want to do two or three favs as that doesn’t guarantee we will get them in quick succession.

I will use the system once (mainly because we are taking someone new this trip and want them to experience it at its best - plus after Covid we have some spare cash due to missed holidays, but ordinarily I would not pay for this on a regular basis)

I am also disappointed that there isn’t something free for onsite guests - don’t get why anyone would choose to book onsite now really - and that comes from someone that owns DVC and loves staying onsite ‘in the bubble’. Universals system is much better, but I understand that Disney have so many more hotels that it wouldn’t work to use that same process. I don’t really know what the best answer is - returning to 3 x free FP+ would be my preference but that doesn’t give Mickey his dollars!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Ignoring the cost, I hate the new system.
They’ve made it complicated I feel but yes my biggest gripe is not being able to book in advance!
I’m now, possibly because I’m not sure about booking, having to pay for a system I feel is inferior for what I previously had for free.

I love planning my holidays and I loved sitting on the plane knowing all my FPS and ADRs were booked.
They say give things a chance, but no this isn’t working for me regardless of the cost.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List