Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think if your boss asked you to "pop into my office for a chat" I'd be worried but not about being offered more training.

I think that shows the boss thinks you are capable of handling /learning more - not less.

Xxxx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree,’sounds like your boss has realised being isolated from the team isn’t helping you learn (after all teams are good for asking questions and bouncing ideas off, and it’s easier if your sat with them) as for seeing the other team, they probably think having an insite into the other team would be helpful to you and your team. Won’t be bad don’t worry!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you so much everyone

Woken up today with a completely new perspective on the situation.. I worry too much sometimes!

What would I do without Dibb
Old 24 Jan 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneyhol View Post
I think I am expected to know everything by now...
I've been working at my current job for over 20 years and I don't know everything. There's a guy sat next to me who's going to retire next year and he doesn't know everything about the job, but he does know more than me. No one knows everything.

Training - whether on-the-job, shadowing other people, independent study, training courses, etc - should be a continual thing throughout your career. It doesn't stop once you know enough to do the basics of your job. The fact that your place of work is investing time (and money!) to give you more training and involve you more in the team is a positive thing and indicates that they think you are worth it. Embrace it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

One of the things I like about my job is after eleven years is I still don't know everything . I certainly know more than some of my colleagues and am regarded as a "go to" person . I also don't want to go into management again as I want a "job" and decent work/life balance at this point in my life but do get involved in training and mentoring which I enjoy. The best jobs are the ones that suit you. You are keen to learn , as a TA you didn't know everything in your first term or even year , this is no different. (Of course working with kids ... just when you think you know how to deal with any situation you encounter a kid with an entirely different set of challenges lol)

I agree you are seen as progressing, they wouldn't waste their time introducing you to other aspects of the business if they didn't see you as a good longer term prospect !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I think if your boss asked you to "pop into my office for a chat" I'd be worried but not about being offered more training.

I think that shows the boss thinks you are capable of handling /learning more - not less.

Xxxx
That made me laugh. When my old boss in the hospital came into the coffee room and said..

Can you come to the office, bring coffee Then all was well it was just a private matter

If he said

Can you come to my office and no mention of coffee BIG GULP

OP

Great opportunity and a boss who knows his team
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List