Notices

Old 13 Jun 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

"shall we book it?" "yeah" The (Kind of) on a Whim Trip- September 2016 Trip

Hi everyone,

We’re Eve and Rachel, long time Dibb lurkers but first time trip reporters. We’re off to Florida in September for the first time and we couldn’t be more excited.

A bit of background about us.

I’m Eve and I’m 22 I have recently graduated from Uni (well a year a go, but that still counts as recently right?!). I am currently nursing a broken ankle so all the Disney planning has really got me though the many days of being sat on the sofa! This will be my first trip out of Europe so I am a bit wary but hugely excited.

This is Rachel, she's 21 and still studying at University for a masters degree. She works in a theme park in the UK when not at uni and somehow wants to spend her holiday in many other theme parks haha. Rachel’s been to Florida twice before when she was really young but doesn’t really remember any of it (shall we count this trip as her first time? haha)

We went to Disneyland Paris in June 2015 and when we came home we couldn’t stop playing with the idea of going back, but we then weighed up prices and Florida for a longer amount of time was much more viable. October 2015 soon came round and we booked, but really it was on a bit of a whim. Originally there was going to be 3 of us going but sadly our friend wasn't able to join us. So on an October afternoon so we were able to get the dining plan “shall we book?” was asked and so we did.

We are flying from London Gatwick to MCO on the 1st September and flying home on the 19th. We are going to catch the magical express as we are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in a preferred room which we booked with disney directly.

As this is our first time we really want to try and fit in as much as possible. We have a 21 day ultimate Disney park ticket, 14 day universal 2 park ticket. We are also doing the dolphin swim at discovery cove and may go to Seaworld, however we are undecided on this at the moment (more to do with interest rather than the ethics behind Seaworld), we purchased this from ATD after getting a price match. We are also visiting Kennedy Space Centre with an airboat tour on the everglades included which we got from FloridaTix. After waiting to see the MNSSHP dates we are going on the 16th. We are also very excited to do lots of shopping and have a couple of days planned for this.

In terms of food, included with our disney booking we got quick service disney dining plan for free. This was ideal and much better suited to us than the disney dining plan as we didn’t want to be tied down to having a table service meal almost every day and much prefer the idea of eating whenever we feel like it especially as I’m quite a fussy eater (we are very much chicken nugget and burger kind of girls). However, we have booked some ADRs as there was some restaurants we really wanted to try out for the food and the experience itself. These mainly consist of breakfasts.

We will be eating at Be Our Guest twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. We will be having breakfast at 1900 park fare, The Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table and Ohana. We’ve also got a reservation booked at beaches and cream soda shop for lunch.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List