Notices

Old 11 Apr 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, really looking forward to this trip report. My other half is keen to tag on visits to other US destinations and DC is high on his list - not going to lie though, I now have the House of Cards theme tune stuck in my head thanks to the photos at the top of this report
I can't wait to read about your time in Florida too - it'll be a very different dynamic of trip than what I'm used to; I've only ever gone with family, never friends.

PS - I totally feel your pain about Big Thunder Mountain being closed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely a yay from me for a multi city trip report!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
Wow, really looking forward to this trip report. My other half is keen to tag on visits to other US destinations and DC is high on his list - not going to lie though, I now have the House of Cards theme tune stuck in my head thanks to the photos at the top of this report
I can't wait to read about your time in Florida too - it'll be a very different dynamic of trip than what I'm used to; I've only ever gone with family, never friends.

PS - I totally feel your pain about Big Thunder Mountain being closed
Thanks! Really looking forward to the trip - roll on September! Hopefully I will see you around somewhere!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Definitely a yay from me for a multi city trip report!
Yay thank you so much! I think I'm going to do it
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Great ptr, love the idea of DC, would love to visit myself one day.

Sounds like you will have a great time altogether xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Great ptr, love the idea of DC, would love to visit myself one day.

Sounds like you will have a great time altogether xx
Thank you so much
Old 24 Aug 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

UPDATE

In honour of reaching single digits () I thought I would post an update as we have made quite a few changes to our plan since I initially posted the pre-trippie.

Washington DC

We haven't heard anything back about the White House Tour so looks like we haven't been successful which is a shame

On the plus side, we've booked a walking tour of Georgetown which we are really looking forward to! We inadvertently discovered a place that looks FAB because of booking this tour - the company sent us our final comms last week giving us the meeting point for the tour which is outside a bakery called "Baked & Wired". Naturally I went to have a nosey and it turns out it is the #1 dessert place in DC on Trip Advisor and the pictures look AMAZING! Needless to say we will be going there before the tour to stuff our faces with cake...

I've also made some dinner reservations for DC - Old Ebbitt Grill (apparently Washington DC's oldest bar) and a place called The Hamilton which has a hard shake menu that has me salivating...

At this point I should probably mention that I have been on a diet the last 9 weeks because I know how much food I want to eat while I'm out there so it's more preventative weight loss than anything else. I'm sick of salads and literally all I think about is food...

Orlando

I've re-jigged our days around and also made some changes to food (see - I said that was all I could think about...)

Wednesday 7th September

Arrive at HRH
Pool time (many cocktails to be consumed)
Dinner at Bubba Gump (my landry card has arrived - yay!)

Thursday 8th September

Morning - Universal Studios
Lunch - Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen (SO chuffed it has open, can't wait to try it!)
Afternoon - IOA
Dinner at Bahama Breeze on I Drive

Friday 9th September

Morning - shopping at Florida Mall (CARLO'S BAKERY CANNOLI! )
Lunch - Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Millenia (we will probably get a few appetizers to share and then cheesecake...still haven't decided which one I'm going to go for!)
Afternoon - Shopping at Mall at Millenia and then pool time at HRH
Dinner - The Cowfish (possibly fro yo at Menchie's afterwards)

Saturday 10th September

Morning - IOA
Lunch - NBC Sports Grill & Brew (loving the looks of the appetizers, again we'll probably just get loads of apps to share between us)
Afternoon - Universal Studios
Dinner at The Melting Pot (I heart fondue )

Sunday 11th September

Breakfast at The Kitchen (NOM NOM NOM)
Check out of HRH and move to SSR
Afternoon - Hollywood Studios
FP+ - Star Tours, Toy Story & ToT
Evening - Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks

We've decided to not do the Fantasmic Dining Package in the end due to the scheduling of Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks being 15 mins apart (booo! ). We've all seen Fantasmic already and the boys are all MASSIVE Star Wars nuts so it was a no brainer.

Monday 12th September

Morning: Pool time at SSR then over to Disney Springs for a wander and some shopping
Lunch: Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. They had me at fried chicken and donuts.

Afternoon: The boys are desperate to have a go at the kitchen sink but I have had no luck finding a table at Beaches & Cream since ADR window opened. I think the boys are going to try their luck as a walk up. I still haven't decided if I will join and have a nosey around the boardwalk, or if I want to have a relaxing afternoon in the jacuzzi instead
Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace)

Tuesday 12th September

This is a day we haven't made any changes to - Animal Kingdom day

FP+ - Kilimanjaro Safari, Disney Characters @ Adventurer's Outpost & Kali River Rapids
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Wednesday 13th September

We might split up and do different things but the plan is either shopping at the Premium Outlets on I Drive OR Typhoon Lagoon.
Dinner: Fogo de Chao (we love a good rodizio and the fact that it is $33 for Magical Dining Month meant we didn't think twice!)

Thursday 14th September

Another day we haven't made any changes to - Magic Kingdom Day!

I have been desperately trying to change my lunch ADR at Be Our Guest to a breakfast one but I haven't had any luck

FP+ - Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion & 7DMT
Dinner: California Grill

Friday 15th September

No changes to this day again - it was already pretty great to begin with EPCOT day and...F&W FESTIVAL! I've seen the menus online and I can't wait

FP+ Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Soarin
Dinner: Teppan Edo
Evening: Illuminations

No doubt I will get very emotional watching this as it will be our last night in Florida

So that's it!

Knowing me, there will probably be a few more changes in the next 9 days but I'll update officially when I do my trip report once I'm back.

What's left to do?

I've got the suitcase out and I've made a list of all the clothes I'll be needing and on which days (geek) so this weekend will be packing central.

I'm going for a Brazilian blow dry on Sunday - some of my colleagues have recommended and I figure anything to control the frizz of my hair in the humidity can only be a good thing! Fingers crossed...

I have my nail appointment next Thursday - I've found this design online. I'm into the whole aztec look so hopefully they suit me!

Only 9 more days of salads to go...