Notices

Old 20 Feb 14, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

"Do you serve root beer here?" - Pre trip!

Hi there Dibb, previously Meganlikestea this new account is the start of a new Dibbing chapter, a chapter in which I actually finish reports I start. To confuse you all from the get go this is actually my boyfriend’s account I am posting this from as my new account won’t let me add photos! And just to add to the confusion I realise pre trip reports are meant to be posted BEFORE your trip (of course) however I wrote it, never posted it and now it is going to go up now before the full trip report. I hope I am not breaking any sacred rules and hope you enjoy!

I’m Megan, 23, University Student and known for my loud voice and deceivingly youthful appearance. If my face looks familiar it is because I failed to finish a trip report back in….well the past, but we’re not going to let that stop this one from being a massive success, a finished success. I have been to Florida 8 times in the past thanks to my brilliant parents however this trip will be my first without them! Time to put on my big girl pants and do the planning and money organisation myself. I’m a massive fan of The Muppets (I’ve set my sights on those Kermit Mickey Ears) and the main man Mickey but really any character that crosses my path will receive a jolly handshake or hug.

Travelling with me is my boyfriend James (jfclank here on the Dibb), 27, member of bands and professional (not really) FIFA player. James has never been to Florida or America for that matter. He’s mainly looking forward to the supermarkets and the Springfield section of Universal. Not a massive ride fan however peer pressure will inevitably lead him onto most. His favourite Disney movie is apparently Hercules which…surprises me as I hear him sing ‘Gaston’ at least once a week.

We decided when we first started looking around to book the holiday easily the best people to book with were BA. We flew from Gatwick Airport 11:45am to Orlando International on the 3rd of Feb and returned on the 13th.

We stayed at the Premier Inn near Gatwick the night before our flight, this beauty:

Our airport transfers were reserved with Quicksilver (fancy!) and we relied heavily on the lynx bus and I-ride services throughout our stay.

For accommodation we had 10 nights at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, 7 of my 8 visits to Florida I have stayed here and it has simply got to the point where if I stayed anywhere else I would obviously be insulting them and we can’t have that. James was easily persuaded when I explained the close proximity the hotel has to the Sizzler breakfast. There is also a night stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs thrown in there somewhere.

I bought 5 day MYW passes and 4 day Universal tickets from Univercover Tourist (who were great!) and ADRs for Beaches and Cream and Tony’s.

So there we have it, our little lives simplified into a little pre-trip round up for you. I hope you enjoy and have the patience of a saint for our future report.

See you on day one!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 14, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aly
Excited about Disney

Looking good, looking forward to the rest
aly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 14, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Great start! Look forward to reading more.
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

I want a Wicket W Warrick hat
May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
August 2015 - Disney's Seqouia Lodge DLP. Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 14, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start

xx